Terrorists may have used Encryption ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Tech industry defends encryption amid new questions following Paris attacks

Concrete evidence has yet to emerge that the perpetrators of the attacks used encrypted networks to communicate, but officials have warned that terrorists are finding new ways to avoid surveillance. Some say requiring tech companies to design a so-called backdoor in the devices would give law enforcement better access to encrypted communications.

“It is likely that encryption, end-to-end encryption, was used to communicate between those individuals in Belgium, in France and in Syria,” Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said last week. “It’s a wake-up call for America and our global partners that globally, we need to begin the debate on what we do on encrypted networks, because it makes us blind to the communications and to the actions of potential adversaries.”

.... Gov wants to a back door :dead:
... tech industry not ammused

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Tech industry defends encryption amid new questions following Paris attacks

Concrete evidence has yet to emerge that the perpetrators of the attacks used encrypted networks to communicate, but officials have warned that terrorists are finding new ways to avoid surveillance. Some say requiring tech companies to design a so-called backdoor in the devices would give law enforcement better access to encrypted communications.

“It is likely that encryption, end-to-end encryption, was used to communicate between those individuals in Belgium, in France and in Syria,” Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said last week. “It’s a wake-up call for America and our global partners that globally, we need to begin the debate on what we do on encrypted networks, because it makes us blind to the communications and to the actions of potential adversaries.”

.... Gov wants to a back door :dead:
... tech industry not ammused

I just love hearing politicians talk about things they don't understand.

There will always be strong encryption to foil government backdoors. I'd suggest everyone start getting familiar with it.

Hijinx

I just love hearing politicians talk about things they don't understand.

There will always be strong encryption to foil government backdoors. I'd suggest everyone start getting familiar with it.

Strange that people who live their lives like they belong in the 10th. century know so much about encryption.
Too bad they don't know anything about living like Human beings./

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Strange that people who live their lives like they belong in the 10th. century know so much about encryption.
Too bad they don't know anything about living like Human beings./

The Amish and Mennonite use modern tech on occasion as well, subject to various cultural stipulations.