Colo. Planned Parenthood Shooting.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link

"Multiple civilians and police officers were reportedly injured after Colorado Springs, Colorado officers responded to reports of an active shooter at a local Planned Parenthood location.

A reporter on the scene for The Gazette, the city's local newspaper, tweeted confirmation from the Colorado Springs Police Department that multiple civilians were injured, with the Associated Press confirming three officers were injured. It was not immediately clear if there were any fatalities.

Despite AP's initial report that the shooter was "contained" around 1:15 p.m. local time, the news organization later tweeted that police were "unsure" of the shooter's location.

A police spokeswoman told the Denver Post the suspect is still "out there." Police tweeted that information about civilian injuries remained unknown."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Report: Active shooter at Colo. Springs Planned Parenthood; Update: Media amend reports, say shooting was ‘near’ Planned Parenthood

‘More white Christian terrorism?’ Tweeters profile perp in reported Planned Parenthood shooting

Details are still emerging, but many tweeters aren’t hesitating to place blame:

#RightWingTerrorism #YesAllWomen #MaleViolence #StandWithPP #Prolife https://t.co/H11AyE50bf

— Mary (@Shotgun_Mary) November 27, 2015

@kktv11news Colorado Springs is harboring more terrorists than Syria. Sick that my birthplace has become ground zero for right wing radicals

— kyle matteson (@solace) November 27, 2015

Anyone else deathly afraid of the American right wing and these religious gun nuts who take things into their own hands? #PlannedParenthood

— MF David Deery (@MFDavidDeery) November 27, 2015

#GOP hate rhetoric inciting hate? #PlannedParenthood #ColoradoSprings https://t.co/1GZeLlx9ir

— Sharon E (@Xaron4) November 27, 2015

Hey @GOP being pro-life and 2nd amendment means killing innocent people is OK right? https://t.co/VwRWUhq0fW

— DR (@ReemsMTL) November 27, 2015

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
did you miss the report of a VA across from the building housing PPH Offices

3:11 p.m. UPDATE

White House officials announced that President Barack Obama has been notified about the situation in Colorado by Homeland Security Advisor Lisa Monaco and will be updated as necessary.

[how long before Obama is on TV blaming 'right wing' extremists ... and lecturing us on how safe Syrians are]

2:51 p.m. UPDATE

There was a moment this afternoon when a man walked up to the scene with a handgun strapped to his waist and ammunition vest around his chest. He appeared to be asking police if he could help. Officers told him to leave immediately because appearing at the scene while wearing firearms and that equipment was a bad idea.

1:53 p.m. UPDATE

Police report that officers went to a Veterans Affairs clinic across the road from the shooting scene and warned patients and staff to stay away from windows. KKTV reports that Penrose Hospital, where injured were transported, is under a lockdown.

1:43 p.m.

Police say they do not know the connection to Planned Parenthood, but that is where the 911 call came from. Police do not know the number of shooters, the containment of the shooters, or the number of victims. Police are not evacuating neighborhoods to the north of the scene, but they are asking residents to stay inside and to avoid the area. There are still people inside the nearby businesses, and police do not know if there are any hostage situations.

Between Colorado Springs Police Department, El Paso Sheriff's Office and State Patrol, "we are using all of our resources," said spokeswoman and Lt. Catherine Buckley. Officers do not know the type of weapon involved, except there is a rifle involved.

Amused_despair

Report: Active shooter at Colo. Springs Planned Parenthood; Update: Media amend reports, say shooting was ‘near’ Planned Parenthood

‘More white Christian terrorism?’ Tweeters profile perp in reported Planned Parenthood shooting

Details are still emerging, but many tweeters aren’t hesitating to place blame:

#RightWingTerrorism #YesAllWomen #MaleViolence #StandWithPP #Prolife https://t.co/H11AyE50bf

— Mary (@Shotgun_Mary) November 27, 2015

@kktv11news Colorado Springs is harboring more terrorists than Syria. Sick that my birthplace has become ground zero for right wing radicals

— kyle matteson (@solace) November 27, 2015

Anyone else deathly afraid of the American right wing and these religious gun nuts who take things into their own hands? #PlannedParenthood

— MF David Deery (@MFDavidDeery) November 27, 2015

#GOP hate rhetoric inciting hate? #PlannedParenthood #ColoradoSprings https://t.co/1GZeLlx9ir

— Sharon E (@Xaron4) November 27, 2015

Hey @GOP being pro-life and 2nd amendment means killing innocent people is OK right? https://t.co/VwRWUhq0fW

— DR (@ReemsMTL) November 27, 2015

seems this is an appropriate place for a Gurps quote

and your point was exactly ?

#watresslivesmatter

B

barsook8

Considering the on-going developments in the story ("near," not "at"; unclear motives; etc.) I hope you have the moral and ethical courage to either amend the title of this post or delete it. I doubt you do, though. That's not your style; for you, agit/prop trumps truth and reality.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll note the irony of your post: you are lightning quick to post a story about someone who (apparently) is TRYING to take lives at a place where one of its main "services" IS to (actually) take lives.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
pngCropperCapture[23].pn.png

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Don't you just love how everybody turns a potential tragedy into a political prop?

I pray for CO.

tommyjo

Isn't that what NHboy is doing, and aren't you encouraging it. I guess it depends on the POV.

Honestly, how stupid are you? Is English just another one of the things you don't understand?

Here was pchjrkr's first post on this thread:

Don't you just love how everybody turns a potential tragedy into a political prop?

I pray for CO.

And the next post:

Then we must charge the miner who gathered the ore to make the steel that is contained in the gun!

As for NhBoy's post, there was nothing in it but a factual report of the situation. The link offered in the OP (which you obviously didn't read...yet again) provides nothing but a factual accounting. No politics.

So, moron, the person who was making this political was pchjrkr who had originally offered a sarcastic remark about others making it political and how he was praying for CO....then, once the perpetrator was shown to be just another white male with a gun (In other words, not a Muslim or minority "yute"), pchjrkr resorts to a mind numbingly political comment.

So there ya go...can you understand now...or do you need me to write it in crayon with finger paint illustrations for you?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As for NhBoy's post, there was nothing in it but a factual report of the situation. The link offered in the OP (which you obviously didn't read...yet again) provides nothing but a factual accounting. No politics.

is reading comprehension difficult for you ....
The OP title : Colo. Planned Parenthood Shooting.....
was engendered to imply ONE Thing and ONE Thing only - some nut [implied right winger because the story involves PPH] was shooting up a Planed Parent Hood Clinic or Office

this shooting was just a few weeks ago ;

Two victims in Colorado Springs shooting spree had turned lives around

Neighbors were in shock Sunday from what they described as a horror movie come to life on Halloween morning on the streets east of downtown Colorado Springs.

A man carrying a rifle and a can or two of gasoline - identified as the tenant of the home, Harpham - walked into his home at 230 N. Prospect St. and later reappeared with a pistol added to his armaments.

Then came the chilling sound of a passing bicyclist begging for his life.

"Don't shoot me! Don't shoot me!" the bicyclist yelled as he was shot, a neighbor said.

"We thought it was a Halloween prank," said Teresa Willingham.

Willingham, who lives down the street from where the shooting started about 8:45 a.m., said her 7-year-old son witnessed the bicyclist's death.

"He said 'Mommy, someone fell off the bike'," she said.

Another neighbor, Matt Abshire, said he followed Harpham through the neighborhood and saw his next two victims - the women at the house off Platte Avenue - gunned down.

The gunman was later killed in a shootout with police at a Wendy's restaurant at 222 N. Wahsatch Ave., about three blocks to the west. The number of bullets fired left investigators asking nearby residents and business owners to check their buildings for damage.

At least one bullet hole was found in a building housing U.S. Marshal's Service operations to the south of the Wendy's, and deputies combed the property Sunday for more evidence.

this is not worthy of your attention ? - alcoholic insurance agent gunned down 2 women on a porch and a guy on a bike, before dieing in a shootout with police

right of course not, it involves random people not PPH

Last edited:

Amused_despair

is reading comprehension difficult for you ....
The OP title : Colo. Planned Parenthood Shooting.....
was engendered to imply ONE Thing and ONE Thing only - some nut [implied right winger because the story involves PPH] was shooting up a Planed Parent Hood Clinic or Office

this shooting was just a few weeks ago ;

this is not worthy of your attention ? - alcoholic insurance agent gunned down 2 women on a porch and a guy on a bike, before dieing in a shootout with police

right of course not, it involves random people not PPH

Actually I think the title "PPH Shooting" was chosen because the shooting didn't happen at or near the Waffle House. Odd how the OP posts a news story and the second post is trying to turn the story on this forum into a political story... a post by you. Did you post the story of the Colorado Springs shooting 2 weeks ago when it happened? Did you care about it then or only now when you can use it to substantiate your political views?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Actually I think the title "PPH Shooting" was chosen because the shooting didn't happen at or near the Waffle House. Odd how the OP posts a news story and the second post is trying to turn the story on this forum into a political story... a post by you. Did you post the story of the Colorado Springs shooting 2 weeks ago when it happened? Did you care about it then or only now when you can use it to substantiate your political views?

actually I did not ...

... I pointed out how leftists all over [mostly the twitter-verse] exploded frothing at the mouth at the Head Lines PPH and shooting, in the same sentence
... immediately assuming it must be some disaffected white male Christan

and I pointed out the MEDIA had amended their stories to show the shootings were NEAR not IN PPH, something the OP had not

and no I don't care about random shootings ... but insofar as a Politician tries to use any shooting as an excuse to further curb Firearm ownership
you cannot pass enough laws to stop evil .... unless we all live alone in boxes, unable to touch anyone else

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
and now Obama is running his mouth #PPHlivesmatter

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...olorado-shooting-if-we-truly-care-about-this/

as I posted earlier ... a few weeks ago, a doz blocks away on the same side of Colorado Springs
- alcoholic insurance agent gunned down 2 women on a porch and a guy on a bike, before dieing in a shootout with police in front of a Wendy's
.... nothing from Resident Stumpy Feet
but let a shooting go down near a PPH Office ... ‘If We Truly Care About This…’