People who approve publishing lists of gun owners cry foul

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
People who approve publishing lists of gun owners cry foul over published list of Muslims

The recent “clock boy” protests in Texas surrounding one local mosque continue to generate controversy and before everyone headed out for Thanksgiving there was another “incident” in the Lone Star State. One spokesperson for BAIR (the Bureau on American Islamic Relations) went on Facebook and published a list of local Muslims and their supporters who opposed a law which would have forbidden Sharia Law (or any other religious court) supplanting civil authority. I first saw this reported at a link from TPM.

The leader of a group of armed anti-Muslim protesters in Texas posted the addresses of dozens of local Muslims and “Muslim sympathizer(s)” to Facebook on Tuesday.

David Wright III was behind an armed protest Saturday outside of a mosque in Irving, Texas by a group calling itself the “Bureau on American Islamic Relations,” according to The Dallas Morning News.

Wright prefaced the list of addresses, which appeared to be copied over from a city document, by writing that those named “stood up for Sharia tribunals”

Predictably, this had the usual collection of folks setting their hair on fire, with dire warnings being issued over the “targeting” of Muslims. (Washington Post)

“This is the first time I’ve been slightly alarmed,” Alia Salem, executive director of CAIR’s Dallas/Fort Worth branch, told the Dallas Morning News after the list was published. “As bad as things have gotten in the past, and especially recently, this is the first time where I see people taking this public.”

Referring to those who spoke at the city council meeting, Salem said: “This is my job to deal with this kind of stuff. But for an everyday citizen who was just exerting their First Amendment rights and their right as an American to speak up and speak out, they were just being good citizens to show up and be a part of the democratic process. Now they are targets.”

I don't think anyone should be posting any 'lists' online ...
.... it has a nasty way of catching the innocent in the cross fire [I'm looking at you Spike Lee]

but it is fun to watch the hypocrisy of the left as they get a apoplectic over such things

Last edited: