Navspeak

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
"After field day and zone inspection they passed the word for chow, and after stepping knee knocker over knee knocker they passed the word: SECURITY ALERT!!! SECURITY ALERT!!!
Well it was one SNAFU and FUBAR all in one evolution. Those Devil Dogs could be heard running down the passeway yelling: HIT THE DECK!!! MAKE A HOLE!!!
Guess the Skipper was pissed because INSURV wasn't a perfect score and he was butthurt. ####.
With that drill completed we mustered nut-to-butt in the chow line and ####-me-to-tears it was yardbird again!! Last two RAS and no meat!!! WTF?
So I was thinking just drop the tray and eat my geedunk stash I had in my rack but my numbnut shipmate in line directly forward wanted to shoot the #### about the BMOW watch. #### it. OK. I'll eat yardbird.
We grab some yarbird and he tells after we sit down on the messdeck the OOD #### his skivvies after the helmsman fell asleep on watch. Wanted the BMOW to bust his topknot on the bridge wing. No can do, sir.
Glad I stayed, the scuttlebutt was too squared away!!!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:yay: I understood most of this! I missed 2 of the acronyms, but none of the jargon. :lol:

I must be squared away, yo. :biggrin:

stgislander

PREMO Member
You forgot the most often announcement heard of the 1MC "Belay my last".

This 1MC announcement is one is probably one of the longest that I remember. "Sweepers, Sweepers, man your brooms. Give the ship a good clean sweep down both fore and aft! Sweep down all decks, ladders and passageways! Take all trash to the proper receptacles provided for on the pier. Sweepers."

dgates80

Land of the lost
{long boatswains whistle} General quarters, general quarters, all hands man your battle stations. Set condition zebra thought the ship. Port forward, starboard aft. All hands, man your battle stations.

Oh, and can you tell time by the bells?