Obama’s Trip To The UN ‘Global Warming’ Summit

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obama’s Trip To The UN ‘Global Warming’ Summit Emits More CO2 Than Driving 72 Cars For A Year

Obama’s Paris jaunt will send more CO2 into the atmosphere than 31 American homes‘ energy usage for an entire year. The president’s trip is equivalent to burning 368,331 pounds of coal or 797 barrels of oil, according to the Environmental Protection Agency’s carbon footprint calculator.

Just one leg of the president’s Sunday trip to Paris emitted 189 tons of CO2 after travelling 3,855 miles and burning 19,275 gallons of jet fuel, according to Daily Caller News Foundation calculations based on past presidential flights. Obama’s return flight to Washington, D.C., would double the amount of CO2 burned to 378 tons — more than 72 cars driving for a year.

Obama has been criticized for past plane rides in the name of fighting global warming. Earlier this year, Obama flew down to the Everglades for Earth Day and was hammered for potentially damaging the fragile eco-system and costing taxpayers more than $866,000.

World leaders will meet Monday in Paris to kick off the U.N.’s 21st attempt to get countries to sign onto a global agreement to cut carbon dioxide emissions. Obama wants signing a climate treaty to be a part of his presidential legacy, and administration staff have been working tirelessly to convince other countries, like China, to agree to emissions cuts.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/29/o...han-driving-72-cars-for-a-year/#ixzz3t4Dm698B

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Global warming summit will produce '300,000 TONS of C02'

Let's hope the talks aren't a load of hot air, at least: Global warming summit will produce '300,000 TONS of C02' as 50,000 people travel to Paris from across the world for two-week conference

The climate change summit in Paris that aims to tackle global warming will itself pump an estimated 300,000 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, it was claimed today.

Around 50,000 people including world leaders, businesses and activists are expected to travel from across the globe for the two-week conference in Paris which started today.

Most will arrive by plane from as far afield as New Zealand, Sydney and Bermuda, while others will arrive by train and car.

According to calculations by Wired and Steven Stoft of climateParis.org, the average round trip per attendee will be around 9,000 miles.

Taking the fuel consumption of a Boeing 747 – around 16.5 miles per gallon – which the website describes as a 'happy medium between private jets and bullet trains', it is estimated around 27 million gallons of fuel will be used by travellers attending the conference.

damn haven't these people heard of the Internet and Telecommuting

Vince

Obama has promised billions for this BS Global Warming, but doesn't Congress have a say in where our tax dollars go? :confused:

stew77

"Do as I say, not as I do"! obamie's sole thoughts are he thinks he is above the law, and flaunts it all the time. What a POS!!

SamSpade

I'm not sure I've ever seen a philosophical difference between paying for carbon credits and plenary indulgences. Both are collecting money for a sin that is never going to be expunged and only serves to enrich the one collecting them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm not sure I've ever seen a philosophical difference between paying for carbon credits and plenary indulgences. Both are collecting money for a sin that is never going to be expunged and only serves to enrich the one collecting them.

:yay:

good catch .... too bad the 'sins' in this case are made up