Steak is for tax payers

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Incredible gall on this guy's part. He's lucky it didn't escalate. But he brings up an interesting paradox. No money for food but money for lottery tix.

H

Hodr

Incredible gall on this guy's part. He's lucky it didn't escalate. But he brings up an interesting paradox. No money for food but money for lottery tix.

There's a lot going on in that video, but whether you agree with his premise or not, this guy is a major ass.

I couldn't help but notice that one member of that group appeared to be a handicapped adult, and as such may be the person "buying" the groceries with the benefits card which one of the others might have handled on his behalf. I occasionally helped a neighbor of mine do her shopping when I was a kid, to include handling the purchase as she talked/moved very slow and most cashiers (and customers behind us) would lose patience waiting for her to handle the transaction. And if someone else in the group decided to buy lottery tickets at the same time, that doesn't automatically call in to question the legitimacy of their food purchase.

Things may be exactly as he assumed, or they may not be. Regardless, it isn't his business (taxpayer or not). And if anyone thinks being a taxpayer should allow for invasion of personal privacy (rather than redressing grievances to the government) then perhaps next time I am angry with the price of corn I will invite myself into the operations of the local farmers who get tax breaks from the government to support ethanol. Nothing too invasive, just make sure I am personally OK with the way they handle their operation. I pay taxes afterall.

mitzi

Guy's an ass. They could have been getting the lottery tickets for someone else. I worked part time at a grocery store for awhile. I was the talk of the other cashiers when I used a food card for a purchase. Little did they know I was picking up groceries for my little old lady neighbor with her card. I also would pick up beer for my other neighbor with their money. Then I was an alcoholic with food stamps that worked. They just couldn't figure it out. People assume way too much.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I'm going to guess this is faked (doing nothing when grabbing for gaucheries is a giveaway). And it's not an interesting point at all, except to the lowest common denominator types like OP. But as long as you feel accomplished for the day.