Relative Charged with Abusing Six-Week-Old

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
This just in...

Relative Charged with Abusing Six-Week-Old

On Saturday, November 21, 2015, a six-week-old victim was admitted to MedStar St. Mary's Hospital for seizures. Based on the victim's medical status, the victim was transferred to MedStar Georgetown Hospital for further treatment.

According to medical tests, the victim was suffering from a brain bleed on the back of the head. Based on comprehensive testing doctors were unable to find any medical conditions that may have caused the bleed.

Detective R. Merritt determined injuries were caused by a relative of the victim. The six-week-old-victim began to display signs of injury after being cared for by the relative.

A warrant was requested for the suspect, Calvin Marcus Martin, age 23, of Hollywood. He was located and placed under arrest by Detective R. Merritt. Martin was transported to the St. Mary's County Detention Center and charged with First Degree Child Abuse and Second Degree Child Abuse.

He is being held on a $750,000 bond.

Attachments

• Calvin Marcus Martin.jpg
    Calvin Marcus Martin.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 592

bilbur

Come on people lets not jump to conclusions yet. The baby could have been the aggressor and this could be a clear cut case of self defense. On a serious note this guy needs to have his man card stamped with do not breed. If you can't take a screaming baby then just walk away. Jail is too good for this piece of crap.

BernieP

Resident PIA
This is one sorry SOB. Piece of trash.

I AM NOT DEFENDING THE ACCUSED

Thought I better say that first, but there has to be more to the story or more charges to follow. I know they can't identify the victim, so that may be why this question may not get answered, - Why was he left alone with the child?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Yup, too much information missing from the story to make ANY kind of opinion. For all we know it was an accident. Exactly how does a "Detective R. Merritt determined injuries were caused by a relative of the victim." anyway? I'll hold my venom till all the facts are in.

sm8

My thoughts too, my heart breaks for this baby but there has to be much of the story not being told.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

Yup, too much information missing from the story to make ANY kind of opinion. For all we know it was an accident. Exactly how does a "Detective R. Merritt determined injuries were caused by a relative of the victim." anyway? I'll hold my venom till all the facts are in.

I understand why he was arrested, and I'm not going to go into that. But there is more to the story, like, was he left alone?
Apparently (per Friday's Enterprise) he was employed by Walden.