(more) Prostitution arrests in St. Mary's

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Removed. These people have suffered enough for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I May ...

That's right, set up these stings under the guise of "Human Trafficking." St. Mary's finest = pathetic. Even though there is real crime happening everyday in St. Mary's county, many, many cases that have yet to be solved, they focus on consensual sex.

But also, lets change around their press release a bit ...

From: "Beyond the quality of life issues which are associated with prostitution, other serious criminal acts, such as human trafficking, sexual assault, drug distribution and robbery, are known to have a prostitution nexus."

To: Beyond the quality of life issues which are associated with law enforcement, other serious criminal acts, such as murder, sexual assault, drug distribution and (racket protection) and robbery, are known to have a law enforcement nexus.
See how that works?

Hey, Sheriff, why not focus your budget on more pressing things, like catching all the criminal bad guys.

If any of you fellas do go looking for some love that costs, before you offer a price, first state that you are going to film the encounter for your pay wall website. The woman then becomes an actress for your film. Then it falls under the first amendment. Doesn't mean that you have to actually publish or post it. But don't forget to get her to sign a release. Gotta love this country.

What happened to the separation of church and state by the way? "The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office, in conjunction with the Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, will hold a second Human Trafficking information awareness gathering on January 22th, 2016 from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Cornerstone Church is located at 23075 Town Creek Drive in California, Md."
Better to maybe have it at a community center?

Disclaimer: Not anti Sheriff or police. More anti wasteful spending and pro liberty.

black dog

Free America
Crackwhores, about the only thing that are good for is keeping the price of a BJ down below 20 bucks where it belongs.

What a waste of time, 4 to 6 cops work overtime to make these busts, jails overloaded, free attorneys to arrests that should never happen., courts overloaded for no reason.. The Taxpayer keeps paying and the girls keep blowing. Ahhh.. The circle of life..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
trafficking women from Temple Hills MD to Southern MD, and one chick from Alaska

yeah makes for nice headlines
.... but these all look like Americans ... I don't see anyone that looks imported from Europe or Asia

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, prostitutes, no drug related activity to be found where you find them. Pimps, never violent at all. In any case, while I personally feel you could legalize and regulate sex work and society would better off for that, it's not the case now. Trafficking doesn't just mean overseas, GURPS, it's moving the women engaged in this from place to place, part of keeping control over them. That and drugs, of course. And violence, don't forget that. And it is illegal. And maybe LR has missed all the other arrests the SMCSO makes on a regular basis. Very few folks who commit violent crime against otherwise regular citizens stay out and about for very long. Ones doing it to other shady characters get away with it longer, since the victims wont talk.

You don't want the SMCSO to go after this, go work to make it legal.

Hank

my war
trafficking women from Temple Hills MD to Southern MD, and one chick from Alaska

yeah makes for nice headlines
.... but these all look like Americans ... I don't see anyone that looks imported from Europe or Asia

Big Dummeh!

steppinthrax

Personally I have no issue with prostitution. I don't see why everyone is up-in arms over it. I guess all the holy rollers are going to criticize me for this, but it's a choice. Legalize it, tax it and regulate the #### out of it....

But, Anchorage AK (Holy ####, you know she gets around). She looks the best out of all of them!!!

Kinnakeet

Personally I have no issue with prostitution. I don't see why everyone is up-in arms over it. I guess all the holy rollers are going to criticize me for this, but it's a choice. Legalize it, tax it and regulate the #### out of it....

But, Anchorage AK (Holy ####, you know she gets around). She looks the best out of all of them!!!
ESKIMO VAGINA I HEARD ITS PRETTY COLD...LOL:killingme

Chris0nllyn

Yep, prostitutes, no drug related activity to be found where you find them. Pimps, never violent at all. In any case, while I personally feel you could legalize and regulate sex work and society would better off for that, it's not the case now. Trafficking doesn't just mean overseas, GURPS, it's moving the women engaged in this from place to place, part of keeping control over them. That and drugs, of course. And violence, don't forget that. And it is illegal. And maybe LR has missed all the other arrests the SMCSO makes on a regular basis. Very few folks who commit violent crime against otherwise regular citizens stay out and about for very long. Ones doing it to other shady characters get away with it longer, since the victims wont talk.

You don't want the SMCSO to go after this, go work to make it legal.

But we have laws against those things.

Why should there be a law against consenting adults exchanging money for sex acts? Because others things might come out of that?

It's like saying roadblocks should be everywhere because someone might be high, or drunk, or have a dead body in their trunk.

It's simply not the way our justice system "should" work. But what we have here is a play on what is considered taboo. Most people aren't going to protest the time and money spent on these stings because they believe prostitution is bad, or the tired arguments that we do this little thing, because big things get stopped.

I would hope folks don't actually believe that.

steppinthrax

But we have laws against those things.

Why should there be a law against consenting adults exchanging money for sex acts? Because others things might come out of that?

It's like saying roadblocks should be everywhere because someone might be high, or drunk, or have a dead body in their trunk.

It's simply not the way our justice system "should" work. But what we have here is a play on what is considered taboo. Most people aren't going to protest the time and money spent on these stings because they believe prostitution is bad, or the tired arguments that we do this little thing, because big things get stopped.

I would hope folks don't actually believe that.

Other things come out of everything?????

Say I buy alcohol, decide to drink in the car, hit a car and kill a family. (Alcohol is Legal).

Yeah I get what you're saying, sex = HIV, AIDS, Drugs, etc... Yet, other countries legalize and regulate these acts. I don't see how SEX can hurt anyone. If done responsibly and within consideration....

It's all politics. Oh noooo, we stopped these prostitutes, while Jim runs a 10M a month Meth lab in his back yard!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
I hope you caught that part where I said that in my opinion, we should legalize it and regulate it for everyone's safety. Health inspectors, that sort of thing. But, until then, accept the fact that it is illegal, and as long as it is, ignoring it ignores a raft of other things fostered by it. Pimps use money, drugs, and violence to control the women. That's a factual statement. Dance around it how you like, generally speaking these women are being abused for monetary gain by the pimps.

Chris0nllyn

Dance around it how you like, generally speaking these women are being abused for monetary gain by the pimps.

I assume this was directed at me. If so, I did read what you said, and I agree with some of it.

If the pimps are the issue, why not arrest them? Are the pimps running the websites SMCSO is browsing? Are these women not putting up their own ads?

Admittedly I don't know the ins and outs of this operation besides it essentially being a smear campaign for these consenting adults.

steppinthrax

I assume this was directed at me. If so, I did read what you said, and I agree with some of it.

If the pimps are the issue, why not arrest them? Are the pimps running the websites SMCSO is browsing? Are these women not putting up their own ads?

Admittedly I don't know the ins and outs of this operation besides it essentially being a smear campaign for these consenting adults.

Most of these women "fell out" from their families and started into prostitution. They usually try to do it on their own then join a pimp. I'm not defending the pimps, but no one is innocent..... If you take a way the pimps, do you think prostitution will go away??? These women will probably go on by themselves.

The advantages of the pimps is they protect the women, they always have a home, etc... etc....

glhs837

Power with Control
Most of these women "fell out" from their families and started into prostitution. They usually try to do it on their own then join a pimp. I'm not defending the pimps, but no one is innocent..... If you take a way the pimps, do you think prostitution will go away??? These women will probably go on by themselves.

The advantages of the pimps is they protect the women, they always have a home, etc... etc....

Well, sort of, although that argument is almost of the "at least these colored folks are cared for, not living in a jungle somewhere" quality :) This is one of those no easy solution type problems. Take away the pimps, and most would continue as is, which is better, being abused by a series of johns, or by the same guy who rents them to johns? No good solution. But what I do know is ignoring the problem certainly doesn't help. Arresting the pimps, Chris, outside of a fixed location brothel, is a very hard case to make. Most of the women would never testify against the pimp, because they either love them or fear them.

bilbur

Well, sort of, although that argument is almost of the "at least these colored folks are cared for, not living in a jungle somewhere" quality :) This is one of those no easy solution type problems. Take away the pimps, and most would continue as is, which is better, being abused by a series of johns, or by the same guy who rents them to johns? No good solution. But what I do know is ignoring the problem certainly doesn't help. Arresting the pimps, Chris, outside of a fixed location brothel, is a very hard case to make. Most of the women would never testify against the pimp, because they either love them or fear them.

On the flip side of this there are women out there that truly love the lifestyle and are doing it on their own accord. For these women or men, whatever the case may be, how does the government have any authority to tell them who they can and can't have sex with? The way the law is written people are breaking the law if they have a one night stand then give the other person money to buy anything the next day. This is one of those laws that should not be enforced except in cases of one of the parties being abused or doing something against their will. With all that being said I myself have the George Costanza mentality, why pay for it when if I put in just a little effort I can get it for free. I don't look down on those that do use these services though because lets face it, all they did was have sex. I am sure most of us have at least one partner that we regret.

Roman

The spreading of disease is what bothers me. If the man commits the act, and is married, he risks giving something to his wife who knows nothing about his infidelity. If they were regulated, it would be mandatory for the women to get checked for disease every so often, and the pimp would be the government.

BlueBird

The spreading of disease is what bothers me. If the man commits the act, and is married, he risks giving something to his wife who knows nothing about his infidelity. If they were regulated, it would be mandatory for the women to get checked for disease every so often, and the pimp would be the government.

I agree. Works well in Nevada...

glhs837

Power with Control
On the flip side of this there are women out there that truly love the lifestyle and are doing it on their own accord. For these women or men, whatever the case may be, how does the government have any authority to tell them who they can and can't have sex with? The way the law is written people are breaking the law if they have a one night stand then give the other person money to buy anything the next day. This is one of those laws that should not be enforced except in cases of one of the parties being abused or doing something against their will. With all that being said I myself have the George Costanza mentality, why pay for it when if I put in just a little effort I can get it for free. I don't look down on those that do use these services though because lets face it, all they did was have sex. I am sure most of us have at least one partner that we regret.

Yep, let them get licensed, and tested, and that way if a john abuses them, they can report it risk free. Why do we have licensing? To protect the consumer and the tradesperson. You can hire someone to cut down a tree, but if they don't have a license and insurance, and it breaks your house coming down, you can get screwed. :) Same for mechanics. You can have someone ome over and redo your brakes. What's your legal recourse if he doesn't bleed them after and you crash and burn? About none. What's his legal recourse if you don't want to pay? None, he can't say he has a mechanics lein because it was a verbal contract at best.

SO, out of a stable of three our four girls, how many are the "I'm doing this cause I love it" kind? I'm betting pretty slim percentage on that.