Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $1.97 a gallon

99 at Shell the other day, less than $16 to fill up! Thanks Giant gas points, had $1 off heh

Quote Originally Posted by SoMdDude View Post
    99 at Shell the other day, less than $16 to fill up! Thanks Giant gas points, had $1 off heh
    Winner! Dash In in PF had their gas at $1.97 this week. I used to love my Giant gas points, but the good MIL that I am, I give them to my new SIL now because he owns his own landscaping/snow removal co. in Olney. I miss my points.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    $1500 for the whole lot. Historic tagged runner that is reliable enough to run every day ....

Nice Price as well ... I wish I had the space and the cash

Good Luck
    Were tempted to suggest a conspiracy here but its just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply cant conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Been in the $1.85 - 1.89 range here for the past week or so......expected to drop even more until about Easter to gouge the snowbirds heading back up north.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Been in the $1.85 - 1.89 range here for the past week or so......expected to drop even more until about Easter to gouge the snowbirds heading back up north.
    In our part of Florida, they call us Q-Tips.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

I haven't seen what it is today but from this past Sunday to Monday, the price at Sheetz (Rt5 & GMR) for regular unleaded jumped from $1.97 to $2.05 overnight.

I also read a maritime report this morning that three tankers carrying diesel fuel to Europe have turned around mid-Atlantic and are heading back to our Gulf coast. There's no more room in European storage facilities at the moment.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    I haven't seen what it is today but from this past Sunday to Monday, the price at Sheetz (Rt5 & GMR) for regular unleaded jumped from $1.97 to $2.05 overnight.

I also read a maritime report this morning that three tankers carrying diesel fuel to Europe have turned around mid-Atlantic and are heading back to our Gulf coast. There's no more room in European storage facilities at the moment.
    The same is true of incoming tankers in the Gulf. Because of the glut, no one is buying and the tankers are backed up waiting in the Gulf.
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/22/inve...15oil0930story
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Gas in Charlotte was $1.65 last weekend.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Meanwhile, smaller energy companies - the kind that helped push domestic oil production to record levels and thus helped to create the glut that's driven prices so low and is now straining global storage capacity - continue to declare bankruptcy or face it in the near future. Active rig counts remain at very suppressed levels and the expansion of total U.S. production has stalled. Yet, the glut remains. The question is... for how long can it?

Magnum Hunter latest oil producer to seek bankruptcy

That said, for the first time I'm not sure that Saudi Arabia / OPEC will ultimately win this fight. They continue to play hard ball with the marginal producers, and I think their willingness to do that - especially for this long - has surprised most people, myself included. And yet, either the low prices haven't had as large an impact on investment in new production as might have been expected or the impact is taking longer to affect total production than might have been expected. Or... it just doesn't matter because the world has so quickly gotten so good at producing new oil, and baseline demand growth has slowed so much, that there's plenty of room for the more marginal production to be lost and for the world oil market to still be oversupplied.

For how much longer is OPEC willing to play this game? And does it even matter because, at this point, it's a game that it just can't win?
    Nearly all success in electoral politics boils down to convincing people that you recognize that they are not the problem, that someone or something else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilted View Post

For how much longer is OPEC willing to play this game? And does it even matter because, at this point, it's a game that it just can't win?
    What does 'winning' look like?

I presume we're talking, primarily, about Saudi Arabia. While we, generic we, certainly not you, think everything is about us, all the time, Saudi has local concerns and that is Syria which means Russia and it is Iran, both VERY dependent on oil income.

Saudi wants Syria more conservative and that probably means Assad gone and that means Russia would have to go along which isn't likely. But if they hurt enough due to low oil prices, maybe so? And Iran is Shia which is not Sunni.

You know all of this. Just wanted to throw it out there.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.