Indispensable books...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok, so, this year, the young people in my life are getting books I think they ought to read.

One boy, 12, is getting a book about basic machinery and how stuff works, perfect for him. Young niece, 14, big time into basketball, is getting a book about Pat Summit. Another nephew is getting "outliers' as it fits where he is in his young adult life and a niece 'Popes and Bankers' because she's gonna rule the world one day.

I need something for another young adult male and I'm leaning towards something about an an entertainer because the kid missed his calling and should have been in theater arts but his mom pushed him to tough boy stuff and right now thinking something about Freddie Mercury.

I'm open to suggestions. :buddies:

(hurry up) :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
Daughter called the other day, she and her girlfriend were discussing what was allowed oil usage in a car, daughter telling her that some usage was normal, the girlfriend saying that you didn't need to check it between changes because it should change. While explaing that my daughter wass right and why, and what "normal" ranges might be for uage, she mentioned that she actually broke out "What Makes a Car Go?" that I gave her when she was 8 or so. Didnt even know she kept it :)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Daughter called the other day, she and her girlfriend were discussing what was allowed oil usage in a car, daughter telling her that some usage was normal, the girlfriend saying that you didn't need to check it between changes because it should change. While explaing that my daughter wass right and why, and what "normal" ranges might be for uage, she mentioned that she actually broke out "What Makes a Car Go?" that I gave her when she was 8 or so. Didnt even know she kept it :)

:yay:

Awesome JOB Dad ....