The Earth will stop spinning

So, here's the latest from global climate change arguments.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/15/world/climate-change-earth-rotation-feat/index.html
Man-made CO2 levels are causing the polar caps and glaciers to melt. This changes the rotational balance of the earth causing the earth to slow it's rotation.

So, playing devil's advocate here, the minute changes increase day length. Increased day length increases melting, causing more rotational balance slowdown, causing longer day length, causing increased melting..........

Eventually, the earth will stop spinning altogether. In hundreds of millions of years from now.

So now the old saying of "Stop the world; I want to get off." is looking like reality.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, here's the latest from global climate change arguments.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/15/world/climate-change-earth-rotation-feat/index.html
Man-made CO2 levels are causing the polar caps and glaciers to melt. This changes the rotational balance of the earth causing the earth to slow it's rotation.

So, playing devil's advocate here, the minute changes increase day length. Increased day length increases melting, causing more rotational balance slowdown, causing longer day length, causing increased melting..........

Eventually, the earth will stop spinning altogether. In hundreds of millions of years from now.

So now the old saying of "Stop the world; I want to get off." is looking like reality.

I'm eagerly awaiting the report detailing how SUV's are causing the sun to...burn out.

stgislander

PREMO Member
That's all well and good, but what are they going to do about the 180° shift in the magnetic poles! It could happen at any time! :jameo:

jrt_ms1995

That's all well and good, but what are they going to do about the 180° shift in the magnetic poles! It could happen at any time! :jameo:

There was a full 360-degree shift late last night, but hardly anyone noticed as damage was minimal, and ascribed to the exceedingly light flow of air from regions of high pressure to regions of low.