Star Wars: The Force Awakens

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Great thing about living on the beach in the winter - it's deserted. Went to see it on the Isle tonight. GREAT MOVIE.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It was Amy's birthday, so I stayed home to watch her and Sheldon consummate their relationship.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
An absolutely beautiful movie..the 3d was amazing. I think its worth it just to go look at it..even if you're not a star wars enthusiast. the star destroyer in 3d made everyone in the audience audibly react.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do people really still appointment view TV shows?

Sure do.

It's like The Wizard of Oz. When I was a kid they showed it once a year, at Easter, and I would drop everything to sit in front of the TV and watch it. Every year, without fail. Years ago I got it on DVD...I haven't watched it one single time. I think the disc is still in the package. It's just not the same.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
An absolutely beautiful movie..the 3d was amazing. I think its worth it just to go look at it..even if you're not a star wars enthusiast. the star destroyer in 3d made everyone in the audience audibly react.
I've never seen a 3-D movie. What do they do, give you glasses? I read that some people get motion sickness?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I've never seen a 3-D movie. What do they do, give you glasses? I read that some people get motion sickness?

I was not at a local theatre, and the glasses we got were awesome not cheap at all and cover the whole eye..I've found I get a little bit of a headache if I watch a 3d one with glasses that are too small. Other than that though I have no issues with 3d and neither does anyone I know other than the occasional complaint of a headache after a long movie. I used to hate 3d it never looked right to me, but the newer movies have really perfected it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This ones good

image.jpg

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I seen the movie today at 11 AM in PF. I thought it was a good movie. Not Epic, but worth the price to see.

Last edited:
Sure do.

It's like The Wizard of Oz. When I was a kid they showed it once a year, at Easter, and I would drop everything to sit in front of the TV and watch it. Every year, without fail. Years ago I got it on DVD...I haven't watched it one single time. I think the disc is still in the package. It's just not the same.

About the only things that I appointment watch on TV anymore are sporting events. I DVR a few things but mostly watch shows through various on-demand streaming options.

That said, I get what you're saying. I have all my movies in file form on a local server, available on any of my screens with just a few taps. But, for whatever reason, I'll sometimes watch a movie that I discover being broadcasted even though the same movie is in my collection and I've no interest in watching it that way (i.e. streaming it from my own collection).

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Great thing about living on the beach in the winter - it's deserted. Went to see it on the Isle tonight. GREAT MOVIE.

I'll wait for the Bluray or digital download!

No desire to be around people.

BlueBird

I was disappointed with the film. It felt like it was filmed in 1985. It's like they used the exact same props from Return of the Jedi. It was entertaining but I expected a stronger story and better production.

catlingirl

I didnt want to see it but my daughter did, so I took her and I'm glad I watched it. Good movie. It was hot in the theater though

Agee

I was disappointed with the film. It felt like it was filmed in 1985. It's like they used the exact same props from Return of the Jedi. It was entertaining but I expected a stronger story and better production.

Agree !

Saw it last night, first time to the new theatre. Entertaining, but the acting seemed forced, the dialogue followed suit. The movie appeared to have taken the plots form the first three, mash them together and this episode was the result. The story line was predictable, except for the one big surprise... Perhaps the disappointment came from seeing the first one back in the 70's during its initial release?

Word has it the next episode will not be released for a year and a half, and Disney has taken over control from George Lucas...