A teaching from another perspective

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
THE TEACHING OF TECUMSEH:
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about his religion. Respect others in their views & demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long & of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, or even a stranger; if in a lonely place. Show respect to all people, but grovel to none. When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food & for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools & robs the spirit of its vision. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep & pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song & die like a hero going home.

I need to get back on the Red Road. I have found myself not respecting views of a certain forum troll that doesn't even live in southern Maryland.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
THE TEACHING OF TECUMSEH:
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about his religion. Respect others in their views & demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long & of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, or even a stranger; if in a lonely place. Show respect to all people, but grovel to none. When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food & for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools & robs the spirit of its vision. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep & pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song & die like a hero going home.

I need to get back on the Red Road. I have found myself not respecting views of a certain forum troll that doesn't even live in southern Maryland.

It's interesting that such peaceful words would come from a warrior, but Wisdom comes in many forms and God also works through those whom some people consider "unsaved". :smile:

I became familiar with Tecumseh at the age of six. My grandmother lived in Chillicothe, Ohio. Every year we would watch the outdoor drama of his life and visit the Hopewell mounds as well. I also have family across the river in Point Pleasant so have seen the memorial of the Point Pleasant War where Pukshinwa(sp?) died.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
It's interesting that such peaceful words would come from a warrior, but Wisdom comes in many forms and God also works through those whom some people consider "unsaved". :smile:

I became familiar with Tecumseh at the age of six. My grandmother lived in Chillicothe, Ohio. Every year we would watch the outdoor drama of his life and visit the Hopewell mounds as well. I also have family across the river in Point Pleasant so have seen the memorial of the Point Pleasant War where Pukshinwa(sp?) died.

Ahh, yes, Tecumseh's father. Puckeshinwa

littlelady

God bless the USA
I like your posts very much. cheez and R1.

And cheez, Tecumseh said 'show respect to all people, but grovel to none'. A very wise man. You have shown nothing, but respect on these forums. JMO. :smile:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Wado,littlelady, wado.

Gvlieliga udohiyu. I had to look it up, but that was fun to know it is Cherokee. My hub has Cherokee in his veins, and I have Shawnee in mine, so I am familiar with Tecumseh. :smile:

Random thought: I think it is interesting that Union General William Sherman's middle name was Tecumseh.

Last edited: