Soltice

littlelady

God bless the USA
I was excited when it was 5pm and there was still a little bit of light outside.

Some states don't observe daylight savings time. I wish MD didn't. Getting dark at 5pm sucks. But, as you said there was a little more light today.

As far as the topic, I am sure many people don't realize how different religions are intertwined because of ancient discovery and how it was interpreted.

stgislander

PREMO Member
It's a big deal to us Druids....since we drink our mead around the bonfire only when it's dark.

So that's what that glow was looking towards the island last night. I figured it was a house fire but I didn't hear any sirens.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
http://www.mother-god.com/winter-solstice-celebrations.html

Despite how you believe, no doubt that the solstice has driven many cultures and still does to this day. Either way, at least the days start getting longer soon!

It's the turning of the wheel!

year-wheel.jpg

It's a big deal to us Druids....since we drink our mead around the bonfire only when it's dark.

Did you dance naked under the moon? :really:

Peepaw95

Some states don't observe daylight savings time. I wish MD didn't. Getting dark at 5pm sucks. But, as you said there was a little more light today.

You do realize that we are on normal time now. In April when we spring ahead we will be on daylight savings time. So Md. not participating in daylight savings time would not make it lighter in the evening now.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You do realize that we are on normal time now. In April when we spring ahead we will be on daylight savings time. So Md. not participating in daylight savings time would not make it lighter in the evening now.

Thanks. My post didn't really make sense, now that I re-read it. I was trying to say that I would prefer the same time all year round, so that we don't have to adjust. :smile:

And, I want to have what cheez and Gill are having! :lol: I have never tasted mead.