Long-lasting Cough Going Around?

Restless

Hello! We live in St. Mary's. Our daughter has had an awful cough for more than four weeks, almost five. She has been to the doctor twice because she is so tired of coughing. None of the prescription cough meds have helped. Her back is sore and her abs are tight from so much coughing. She frequently throws up a little when coughing. This is just getting old.

We have another friend who has had a similar cough that has lasted about four weeks. Is this something that is going around? Is there going to be an end to it eventually? I feel so badly for anyone dealing with this. Any suggestions on curing the cough? Thanks!

BlueBird

Hello! We live in St. Mary's. Our daughter has had an awful cough for more than four weeks, almost five. She has been to the doctor twice because she is so tired of coughing. None of the prescription cough meds have helped. Her back is sore and her abs are tight from so much coughing. She frequently throws up a little when coughing. This is just getting old.

We have another friend who has had a similar cough that has lasted about four weeks. Is this something that is going around? Is there going to be an end to it eventually? I feel so badly for anyone dealing with this. Any suggestions on curing the cough? Thanks!

It's going around, wife has it too. No meds seem to be helping so far and it has been 3 weeks since it started.

BOP

I know someone who had it for around 6 weeks. I had it for a week; missed work, and I wasn't even malingering.

Hannibal

It's going around. My son has it. His school says something is going around as well.

We've given him some basic meds and nothing has done much with the exception of steroids. He has them due to his history of developing chest colds. That seemed to knock it out of him.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I had this a few years ago. I coughed so often & so forcefully that I developed firmer abs.

Roman

With this warm weather we've been having, you have to wonder if trees and other flowering kind of stuff isn't blooming causing people to have allergies again. Lingering coughs could be due to post nasal drip. Gargle with salt water, or get a nettie pot.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The press won't talk about it because they fear it will turn out to have something to do with the wah on terrah and thus make the potus look bad but if you dig around enough there is talk of an epiglottis outbreak.

frequentflier

happy to be living
With this warm weather we've been having, you have to wonder if trees and other flowering kind of stuff isn't blooming causing people to have allergies again. Lingering coughs could be due to post nasal drip. Gargle with salt water, or get a nettie pot.

I would guess here is a lot of mold with as warm, damp and wet as it is and has been.

wubbles

Just hit the workplace. Been dealing with it for over a week now but it's been slowly getting better.

sm8

I'm curious at which point you are no longer contagious, we have had it in our house and a couple of the kids have the lingering cough. We have been staying away from everyone but it would be nice to go back out in public again.

Jbeckman

I have had for a couple weeks. Antibotics, nebulizer, steriods, and inhaler, along with mucinex, and nasonex/flosnase. I am still experiencing wheezy onset with some breakup of chest congestion. I have never had SO MUCH MUCUS. I can't get my head to dry out. I have one ear that won't pop...I am nasal, and sounds like I have cotton in my ear.

Husband had very similar last year, lingered for 4 weeks. I am hoping this ends soon.

Cousin in another state has had for over 3 weeks.

It is awful...and my back, ribs, stomach are just aching.

FED_UP

I have had for a couple weeks. Antibotics, nebulizer, steriods, and inhaler, along with mucinex, and nasonex/flosnase. I am still experiencing wheezy onset with some breakup of chest congestion. I have never had SO MUCH MUCUS. I can't get my head to dry out. I have one ear that won't pop...I am nasal, and sounds like I have cotton in my ear.

Husband had very similar last year, lingered for 4 weeks. I am hoping this ends soon.

I know that clogged up feeling, had it so bad I got dizzy at work, just keep blowing. I could not believe how much crap I blew out of one side.

TPD

the poor dad
I'm curious at which point you are no longer contagious, we have had it in our house and a couple of the kids have the lingering cough. We have been staying away from everyone but it would be nice to go back out in public again.

Public is not all it's cracked up to be - you are better off staying home IMO.

Public is not all it's cracked up to be - you are better off staying home IMO.

Tell ya what.... I've been living alone for over 15 years, and limit my social exposure, especially around this time of year. I haven't been ill since 2000.

Roman

Drink plenty of water. It helps to thin out mucus.