Christmas dinner

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's everybody having/doing?

We're going over to a friend's house - he's making a rib roast and a bunch of other stuff, our contribution is carnitas, fried corn, and Monello's homemade truffles.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Headed to southern Virginia. Dinner menu includes oysters (fried and Rockefeller), SoMD stuffed ham, VA country ham, smoked turkey, candied sweet taters, mashed taters, green bean casserole, potato rolls...and lots of pecan pie for desert.

Agee

Will be in Fredericksburg Christmas day staying at an historic B & B. The Inn's restaurant will be closed, inn-keeper off for the day and only one other guest. Working on kitchen access to prepare a small feast for dinner...

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm heading home to CT. Christmas eve will be our Feast of Seven Fishes. Not sure which ones, but my mother usually does some kind of cioppino, that'll knock out 4-5 types of fish with shrimp, scallops, mussels, calamari, maybe clams too, ...baccala, smoked salmon and maybe crab cakes. I'm bringing an Amaretto Cheesecake for dessert!

Christmas day we start with antipasto, then lasagna, then move on to Capon with egg and Italian sausage stuffing, stuffed mushrooms, some vegetables in there and probably one dessert per person attending :lol:

I start my cleanse next week :ohwell:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm heading home to CT. Christmas eve will be our Feast of Seven Fishes. Not sure which ones, but my mother usually does some kind of cioppino, that'll knock out 4-5 types of fish with shrimp, scallops, mussels, calamari, maybe clams too, ...baccala, smoked salmon and maybe crab cakes. I'm bringing an Amaretto Cheesecake for dessert!

Christmas day we start with antipasto, then lasagna, then move on to Capon with egg and Italian sausage stuffing, stuffed mushrooms, some vegetables in there and probably one dessert per person attending :lol:

I start my cleanse next week :ohwell:

Just...wow. ;-)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Will be in Fredericksburg Christmas day staying at an historic B & B. The Inn's restaurant will be closed, inn-keeper off for the day and only one other guest. Working on kitchen access to prepare a small feast for dinner...

You just gave me a brilliant business idea - babysitting B&Bs while the owner takes a vacation. :yay:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Going to Foxhound's side of the family and having a brunch. There will be all kinds of family favorites. I'm going to bake a ham for our contribution, along with King's Hawaiian rolls and assorted condiments for little ham sammies. And we'll also bring some homemade baked goodies. :yay:

FED_UP

Fried turkey, stuffed ham, meat balls, fried chicken, mac n chees, pancit, kale, string beans, pasta salad, yams, deviled eggs, gravy, gumbo and some kind of desert.

Last edited:

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I'm having my family over and getting drunk for Christmas. I'm not sure what we are having for dinner though.

lovinmaryland

Oh great idea! How fun! Be sure to take pictures if you get access ;-)
I'm having my family over and getting drunk for Christmas. I'm not sure what we are having for dinner though.
:yeahthat:

Its open house at my grandmas...we usually get there around 1 or so... its pretty much an assorted bag of what everyone brings...some may bring appetizers, others sides, or desserts. One thing I know for sure is there will plenty of alcohol :alkies:

luvmygdaughters

Oh great idea! How fun! Be sure to take pictures if you get access ;-)

:yeahthat:

Its open house at my grandmas...we usually get there around 1 or so... its pretty much an assorted bag of what everyone brings...some may bring appetizers, others sides, or desserts. One thing I know for sure is there will plenty of alcohol :alkies:

That's what we do too, going to the daughter's, my granddaughters have friends that come and go as well as family members. To much going on for specified time, sit down type of dinner. Usually just lay out salads, sides and desserts. I'm contributing ham and cream of crab soup.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Going to the MIL. Traditional food: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, corn and a couple desserts. I find myself thinking how much fun it used to be at Christmas, now not so much. I love it when both my sister-n-laws are there, we usually drink, laugh and carry on. Now we don't get dressed up and leave shortly after cleaning up.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Staying home this year :yahoo: seafood on Christmas Eve, linguini with clam sauce, crab dip, shrimp, a pretty Christmas broccoli salad. Lasagna and ham on Christmas and I'm going to try to perfect my chocolate martini. I've been craving another one since I had one at the Lighthouse a few weeks ago. :yum:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Staying home this year :yahoo: seafood on Christmas Eve, linguini with clam sauce, crab dip, shrimp, a pretty Christmas broccoli salad. Lasagna and ham on Christmas and I'm going to try to perfect my chocolate martini. I've been craving another one since I had one at the Lighthouse a few weeks ago. :yum:

We used to do a mini seafood steam on Xmas eve too. Started out as just immediate family then eventually turned into a Christmas party. We haven't been able to do it the past few Christmas's though. :(

Goldenhawk

We usually have two different dinners, one for each side of the family. My very white family does the traditional American dinner - turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry relish, etc. Dessert may be (I hope) plum pudding and lemon meringue pie. My wife's very Hispanic family does her traditional Puerto Rican dinner - pork roast/carnitas, pastellas, plantains (both crispy and soft), and Spanish rice, with Spanish bread pudding for dessert. I've been married into that family long enough to thoroughly enjoy both dinners. I think our kids love the Puerto Rico food better.