Chew Toys That Last

lmwelch

Looking for a recommendation on a chew toy that can't be destroyed in 30 minutes. My Goldendoodle (adult and about 65lbs) loves to chew but she can destroy most rubber chew toys with no problem. The Kong I gave her for Christmas lasted about 30 minutes! I'm looking at Goughnuts chew toys -- does anyone have any feedback on this brand? Is there another brand or another type toy you'd recommend? TIA!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I got one of these for my girls ( 2 Mastiffs and 1 Lab) last Christmas. It lasted almost a year. Threw it away once they chewed it to look like a prison shank, lol. They love it!. http://www.nylabone.com/product-finder/my-pet-is/dog-large/big-chews-for-big-dogs-beef-bone.htm

I'm surprised about the Kong. We have this one: http://www.kongcompany.com/products/for-dogs/rubber-toys/extreme-rubber-toys/kong-extreme/ They've had it for about 6 months, so far so good. They had the red one that's one size smaller than this one. I only threw it away because I was afraid they'd swallow it. I have the hardest time find tug-of-war toys. They completely shred the rope ones within days and our Lab will sit down and chew right through it in one sitting.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Looking for a recommendation on a chew toy that can't be destroyed in 30 minutes. My Goldendoodle (adult and about 65lbs) loves to chew but she can destroy most rubber chew toys with no problem. The Kong I gave her for Christmas lasted about 30 minutes! I'm looking at Goughnuts chew toys -- does anyone have any feedback on this brand? Is there another brand or another type toy you'd recommend? TIA!

My store carried Goughnuts years ago. My recommendation is don't waste your money.

lmwelch

Thanks for the Nylabone recommendation. I ordered one and it came yesterday. If she chews through that thing anytime soon, I'm in trouble! Looks indestructible!

As far as the Kong, I didn't have one of the "extreme" ones --- maybe that's the difference.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I think certain dogs will destroy just about any chewie. Some dogs can make their toys last since they don't chew as vigorous.

Roman

I have a small vigorous chewer, and she just loves raw marrow bones, and hooves.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Looking for a recommendation on a chew toy that can't be destroyed in 30 minutes.

a bone ..... seriously a bone

everything else my wife has given the Basinji has been destroyed in 30 min or less
it is so bad, my wife got on the list with a 'chew' company for testing new products ... after she emailed them a comment, that there 'high end' indestructible toy was peeled open in about 15 min.

Jasmin really hates squeak toys , and rips that out first

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Chewzie dog makes a bee hive looking thing you can put treats in. Two of the most destructive dogs I've ever been around have made it last a week.

So far.