St. Charles mall security...

IggyPop

SMIB
No, they aren't entertained. They are not allowed to intervene in any situation where there is a physical fight. The only job they have is to alert authorities and keep an eye on the suspects.

SoMdDude

No, they aren't entertained. They are not allowed to intervene in any situation where there is a physical fight. The only job they have is to alert authorities and keep an eye on the suspects.

Physical fight? Looked more like a audition for so you think you can dance to me

edinsomd

If security can't intervene, it seems almost pointless to even have security.

And when seconds count, the Police are minutes away. If only there was a Constitutionally mandated right where common, law abiding citizens were afforded the means and ability to defend them selves!

littlelady

God bless the USA

I think in a case like this when 2 guys are just dancin', they should not intervene. Darwin, and all that. If the situation is not affecting anyone else, let it go. I think LEO is learning that intervening causes a riot. Let them act out and be foolish, if it is not endangering the general public. I am sure if it was a terrorist action with guns, robbery, the public being in harms way, etc., that it would be different, and security would intervene. JMO.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Well, its very apparent that no one has explained the whole "black lives matter" thing to these two upright, law abiding citizens.

BernieP

Resident PIA

They are "rent a cops" and have no authority other than what people give them. Last time I was in the mall up there I believe they also had Deputies in the mall (and a outpost Sheriff's Office". The rent a cops have no more authority than "loss prevention" employees have in the stores. They are not supposed to touch a suspected shoplifter, they can try and "detain" them outside the store by any means other than physical.

tommyjo

And when seconds count, the Police are minutes away. If only there was a Constitutionally mandated right where common, law abiding citizens were afforded the means and ability to defend them selves!

Oh that's intelligent...

These two young men were having a fist fight...what law abiding citizen was threatened? How is this situation any different than two white youths fighting outside the soda fountain in 1950?

These two young men were having a fist fight...why would a "law abiding citizen" need a gun?

Why does it seem like all the gun nutters on here are such pantywaists? Afraid of your own shadow. Young men are going to fight...these two weren't using weapons...Christ they weren't even hitting one another. And you want Joe Redneck to pull out a gun?

Yup...that is one intelligent response.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

They are not security guards, but security monitors..

They don't stop fights, they just report if there is a fight...

There's a fight!

Last edited: