Genesis...In the Beginning

seekeroftruth

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.​

When I decided to leave Revelation and go back to Genesis this morning.... I figured some would have whiplash. It's a new beginning. It's the first day of a new year. So why not begin at the beginning?

The Bible is about Jesus, the Son of God. In the New Testament, John tells us that Jesus was with God when the heavens and the earth were created.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.​

John 1:5 Or understood​

This morning I'm thinking of my grandson and his lego projects. In the beginning of one of his lego projects, there is no form, there is no telling what he will do with them. He's only 4 years old....

Sometimes I think that God may have been a son.... The Bible never says anything about where God came from. It just says He is, was, and always will be. Since He created the heavens and the earth... He's certainly been here forever. Maybe His father gave Him the pieces just as my son-in-law gives my grandson some legos.

At any rate.... I believe God created the Heavens and the Earth with Jesus at His side.... just as the Bible tells us.

:coffee:

seekeroftruth

I can hardly believe that it's been almost three years.

Today.... 1 Chronicles 5 was posted.... It's a long book!

:coffee: