Verizon FiOS in Bryans Road

birdonamission

Anybody living in or near Bryans Road off of Indian Head Highway/MD 210 who are now able to order Verizon FiOS? We had a Verizon technician come by the other day to troubleshoot some issues on our home phone landline service and he said FiOS is now being installed in a big neighborhood in Accokeek and is making its way down 210 towards Bryans Road. I liked FiOS when we had it in Anne Arundel County, but since we moved down here in July of last year, I've had to hobble together DirecTV for TV, Comcast for Internet, and Verizon for home phone (therefore not able to get bundle discounts). Would appreciate any intel on this. I do realize a bunch of people active on this forum actually live in the southern, or "real," part of Southern Maryland...lol). My wife didn't ask him for a timeline when he mentioned it was "on the way." Thanks.

Last edited:

Ginger0314

Verizon has been saying that for years. We live on 210 right before the library. They actually installed the lines a couple of years ago. I really don't understand it. My friends live on Marshall Hall Road and have had Verizon for at least 2 years. I hope it is true. We had to keep Comcast internet because my husband works from home but we no longer have a house phone nor cable.

SoMdDude

Read through this thread in the Computers, Technology, & the Internet forum, the last post was in march of 2015... but maybe bump it and ask whats up with it, some guy in there works for verizon in the area and probably knows whats going on ... ive had FIOS for over 6 years now, I live 1 mile from the Accokeek Giant but have a waldorf address, im down 229 bensville rd)

bfncbs1 is a manager with verizon

http://forums.somd.com/threads/95845-FiOS-coming-to-La-Plata-!

Last edited:

birdonamission

Verizon has been saying that for years. We live on 210 right before the library. They actually installed the lines a couple of years ago. I really don't understand it. My friends live on Marshall Hall Road and have had Verizon for at least 2 years. I hope it is true. We had to keep Comcast internet because my husband works from home but we no longer have a house phone nor cable.

Thanks, @Ginger0314. Marshall Hall Road...ahh, so close yet so far away! We're literally just down the street from the intersection (and just a couple of streets north of the Potomac branch library). Hopefully, it is true.

birdonamission

Read through this thread in the Computers, Technology, & the Internet forum, the last post was in march of 2015... but maybe bump it and ask whats up with it, some guy in there works for verizon in the area and probably knows whats going on ... ive had FIOS for over 6 years now, I live 1 mile from the Accokeek Giant but have a waldorf address, im down 229 bensville rd)!

Thanks! I know where you generally are. We're about 5 miles south of the Accokeek Giant on 210. Wow, 6 six years. We probably had FiOS for close to 10 years in Anne Arundel County. Strange how slow things are in parts of the state to get FiOS. When we moved here in July of last year I called the Charles County IT department and they said FiOS should be on our street sometime in 2017. I'm hoping they're ahead of schedule and will be here sometime this year, based on the Verizon technician saying it's "on the way." We shall see!

Thanks also for the other thread's link.