Article or Paid Add?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Typical ambulance chaser. He sued me for millions (6 million?..something like that) after an accident involving a vehicle I owned (I was not in it). Got nothing for his trouble...which was a shame, actually, because the end result was that people who were legitimately entitled to compensation from insurance companies involved ultimately ended up with much less than they would otherwise have received.

Freefaller

He might need a new investment adviser.

I'm truly interested in what everyone thinks. This was posted on their front page as a news story. Clearly, it is not that. It looks to me like it's a press release written by or for this attorney. That brings into question the ethics of the folks who run theBaynet. I think this is a great example of the types of ethics that are invading the mainstream media! I posted the same question on theBaynet site but they deleted it. Anyone surprised?

littlelady

God bless the USA
That story has been in the 4 latest news stories since at least last Monday, but I see it is dated today. It is unusual for the BN to keep stories in the latest 4 more than a couple days. Does seem odd.

glhs837

Power with Control
Same deal they have with the Cove Point protesters. Give us a press release and we'll put it out there like a news story. Wonder if I can ghost write some red light camera stories for them?

"Red Light Camera kills family in basement with rusty spoon"

I'm truly interested in what everyone thinks. This was posted on their front page as a news story. Clearly, it is not that. It looks to me like it's a press release written by or for this attorney. That brings into question the ethics of the folks who run theBaynet. I think this is a great example of the types of ethics that are invading the mainstream media! I posted the same question on theBaynet site but they deleted it. Anyone surprised?

Do any folks around here really think the baynet or smnewsnet is quality reporting in any sense of the word? My eyes hurt reading some of their articles as they are written on or about a 4th grade reading level. I swear they used to try harder but I have no proof of this- maybe my tolorance has just disappeared for such garbage.

St Marys today was obvious trash. It seems some people think these publications are a small step above. They are not. "Ethics". from the people who run the baynet? Laughable to be honest.

Goldenhawk

He is one of the owners of TheBayNet.

That looks to me like the most blatant shill copywriting I have ever seen. It truly deserves - in fact demands - a huge disclaimer at the top. I'm inclined to call that attorney and inquire myself, and ask him just how ethical this makes him look. Based on this apparently paid or otherwise under-the-table-compensated story, I would never go near his law offices. He himself should be demanding a clear disclaimer, one way or the other.

If one of the TBN owners is part of this thread, I'd love to see a real, honest, factual answer to this situation.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You might have also noticed, they also recycle "news" stories. You might have read a story yesterday, only to see it post only an hour ago today. And boy do they censor. If your comment does not fit with their narrative or democrat bent, or the narrative of the story, it will not get posted. And ethics? They don't need no stink'in ethics! They're a democrat run organization. Added: Except for Marty Madden, the reporter, a true unbiased reporter.

mitzi

Do any folks around here really think the baynet or smnewsnet is quality reporting in any sense of the word? My eyes hurt reading some of their articles as they are written on or about a 4th grade reading level. I swear they used to try harder but I have no proof of this- maybe my tolorance has just disappeared for such garbage.

St Marys today was obvious trash. It seems some people think these publications are a small step above. They are not. "Ethics". from the people who run the baynet? Laughable to be honest.

Somdnewsnet is way better than TheBayNet (IMO). Not exactly top notch journalism but surely not the crap The Bay Net posts stories about. Last year sometime, the put a Top News article on about Southern Maryland Hospital and the original article was news from 2009 or 2010.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Ethics in St. Mary's county is all relative, it's a small community, and sometimes you turn your head, close your eyes or hold your nose, but you go along to get along.
Whether it's on base, in Leonardtown, or in any of the locally owned or operated stores.