Body of country singer Craig Strickland recovered

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.eonline.com/news/727058/...-after-country-singer-went-missing-for-7-days

A spokesperson for Oklahoma Highway Patrol confirms to E! that Craig's body was recovered and the family has been notified.

Strickland was declared missing Monday afternoon after his friend, Chase Morland, was found dead in Kaw Lake, OK.

The two pals embarked on a duck hunting trip over the weekend and Morland even foreshadowed the tragedy on Twitter by writing, "In case we don't come back, @BackroadCRAIG and I are going right through Winter Storm Goliath to kill ducks in Oklahoma. #IntoTheStorm."

On Sunday, a search was launched when a boat the two men were reportedly using for the hunting trip north of Tulsa, in Kay County, was found capsized in the early hours of Monday, according to Oklahoma's News9.

RPMDAD

Hate to say this and hindsight is always 20/20 but that was a dumb move to go out that day.

The weather at the time of the trip was perilous -- rain, sleet and snow pelted the area, with wind gusts of up to 45 mph and wind chills as low as 15 degrees Fahrenheit -- and Morland acknowledged the danger in what is, in retrospect, a haunting tweet Saturday night.

"In case we don't come back, @BackroadCRAIG and I are going right through Winter Storm Goliath to kill ducks in Oklahoma. #IntoTheStorm," Morland's tweet reads.

Police said nothing about what caused Morland's death. They added that there were "no personal flotation devices in use."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/04/entertainment/missing-country-singer-oklahoma/index.html

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I don’t want to peck this to death but he must have been blind and just went with the flock. The weather was fowl and I wonder if the state is down with picking up the bill for the search? I bet his chick fans are brooding over the webs feet of callously peking into another stars life tragedy. If I was his team I wood duck the medias flocking for answers.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I don’t want to peck this to death but he must have been blind and just went with the flock. The weather was fowl and I wonder if the state is down with picking up the bill for the search? I bet his chick fans are brooding over the webs feet of callously peking into another stars life tragedy. If I was his team I wood duck the medias flocking for answers.

Post of the day.

Attachments

• youredespicable.jpg
    youredespicable.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 210

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:notworthy:

I've never heard of this person.