Bicyclist Hit, Killed; Motorist flees; WANTED

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Hoping someone can ID this driver...

Fatal Collision on Three Notch Road and Mercedes Drive

On January 3, 2016, at 5:48 p.m., deputies from the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office responded to the area of Three Notch Road and Mercedes Drive in California for the report of a serious motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian. When they arrived on the scene, police and EMS discovered Darrell Fredrick Weatherly, age 50 of Great Mills, had succumbed to his injuries. The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office Collision Reconstruction Unit assumed the investigation.

The investigation revealed Weatherly was operating a bicycle when an unknown vehicle struck him, subsequently ejecting him from the bicycle. The unknown vehicle, which is believed to be a 2010 or 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, fled the scene. Evidence suggests the vehicle should have damage to the front end, which may include the bumper, side view mirror, and hood.

Anyone with information regarding the collision or the suspect's vehicle is asked to contact Corporal Connelly of the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office at 301-475-4040.

UPDATE 05-JAN-2016: "The vehicle has been located, and more details will be provided when they become available." While the police did not specifically so state, it appears that it was a tip from the citizenry...

Attachments

• Hyundai.jpg
    Hyundai.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 936

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How stupid. By fleeing to avoid getting in trouble, this person has now pretty much guaranteed they'll do jail time.

littlelady

God bless the USA
How stupid. By fleeing to avoid getting in trouble, this person has now pretty much guaranteed they'll do jail time.

I guess you didn't see idiganthro's reply on the other thread started by PE about this tragedy. Very sad indeed.

Let's hope this piece of dirt gets caught.

Last edited:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
So I'm guessing the witness could i.d. the make/model of the vehicle but not the color?

glhs837

Power with Control
If the witness was a CCTV, then color can be hard to distinguish in the evening timeframe.

H

Hodr

If the witness was a CCTV, then color can be hard to distinguish in the evening timeframe.

Why is it I can buy a 1080p security camera for less than $100 for my home, or an entire 8 camera DVR style system (sans review monitors) for $400, but businesses only seem to be able to install 1980's style black and white cameras with the resolution of an etch-a-sketch attached to a paint shaker?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

glhs837

Power with Control
http://www.amazon.com/GW-Security-C...curity+system+POE&refinements=p_72:2661618011

Please note, no cabling included, so you will either be buying CAT5e cables, or fabbing them up yourself. Obviously, much cheaper to fab them yourself. the tools needed are around $20-$30 (I know, pro grade stuff costs a bunch more, but for a one time sort of deal, the set like I bought are fine. Under $100 for 500 feet of copper cable.

http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-500...F8&qid=1452006614&sr=1-5&keywords=Cat5+500+ft

Setup more complex than most folks would be okay with, but if you know what PoE means, you should be fine.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Is it POE?
If yes, PLEASE.
I just sent hubby an email asking for the information. I'll message you once I receive it. We bought the cable from Lowes (~$30). We have a 4-channel system. One camera each on the driveway, porch, side yard, and back of house.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
http://www.amazon.com/GW-Security-C...curity+system+POE&refinements=p_72:2661618011

Please note, no cabling included, so you will either be buying CAT5e cables, or fabbing them up yourself. Obviously, much cheaper to fab them yourself. the tools needed are around $20-$30 (I know, pro grade stuff costs a bunch more, but for a one time sort of deal, the set like I bought are fine. Under $100 for 500 feet of copper cable.

http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-500...F8&qid=1452006614&sr=1-5&keywords=Cat5+500+ft

Setup more complex than most folks would be okay with, but if you know what PoE means, you should be fine.

Thanks.
I build Cat5 cables at work.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I just sent hubby an email asking for the information. I'll message you once I receive it. We bought the cable from Lowes (~$30). We have a 4-channel system. One camera each on the driveway, porch side yard and back of house.

Thanks.
I was thinking the 6 cameras that glhs posted, and still have the capability to add 2 more.

H

Hodr

Kinnakeet

Why is it I can buy a 1080p security camera for less than $100 for my home, or an entire 8 camera DVR style system (sans review monitors) for $400, but businesses only seem to be able to install 1980's style black and white cameras with the resolution of an etch-a-sketch attached to a paint shaker?

etch-a-sketch attached to a paint shaker...LMAO:lmao:

PeoplesElbow

Because the point isn't to use it to catch the criminals. It is for deterrent and to appease the insurance company so the oldest and cheapest system is just fine to do what they want it to do. Why do they care if their insurance company is the one that ends up paying?

FED_UP

So they located the car but not driver yet. He/she might as well go to the police station with their lawyer. Could be someone is this forum, who has not posted in a couple of days?