Mckays Auction

H

Hodr

Did I spy a nacho cheese dispenser in that list? Count me in.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's the ad from the newspaper

Attachments

• auction.jpg
    auction.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 413

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
yupppppppppppppppppppppp, do i have 25 YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, who will give me 30, SOLD !!!!!!!!!

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
If I may ...

Why have it in the middle of the week in the middle of the day? For both days?

I would think because they really aren't expecting people not involved in those types of businesses to be that interested in buying a meat case or shelving in 50 ft. runs. It's not like an estate auction with jewelry.

I know for the hardware there might be tools but, really, how many?

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
If I may ...

Why have it in the middle of the week in the middle of the day? For both days?
How many people do you know need a 75kw generator that can remove it from the property within 3 days? A lot of the items being auctioned are not of interest or useful to the general public.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Any church or catering company will jump on the party rental stuff. The carnival game stuff would be a great addition to my organization's garage for our events. I'm going to hit it to see what is left at 3.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
I would think because they really aren't expecting people not involved in those types of businesses to be that interested in buying a meat case or shelving in 50 ft. runs. It's not like an estate auction with jewelry. I know for the hardware there might be tools but, really, how many?
How many people do you know need a 75kw generator that can remove it from the property within 3 days? A lot of the items being auctioned are not of interest or useful to the general public.
Both good points. I have always felt though that liquidation companies would want to cast the largest net to get the most bidders together at one time. If in the middle of the week, at least start after six so most people who work can get there.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Because this is an auction geared towards professional buyers.

I was going to say something similar. People like Bailey's Catering or equipment retailers with a wad of cash. I'm pretty sure there's a good resale market out there.

officeguy

I was going to say something similar. People like Bailey's Catering or equipment retailers with a wad of cash. I'm pretty sure there's a good resale market out there.

The auction company has no interest in having amateurs there. They want the buyers who show up with a liftgate truck, a couple of strong men and cash to buy multiple lots.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The auction company has no interest in having amateurs there. They want the buyers who show up with a liftgate truck, a couple of strong men and cash to buy multiple lots.

Basically, that's what I said. :confused: