Chesapeake Ranch Estates/ Calvert Shores

seekeroftruth

What's the update on the municipality project? I heard that 2300 signatures have been garnered on a petition to allow the area now known as Chesapeake Ranch Estates to become Calvert Shores, a municipality.

This would open the door for a big change....

This is big news!

:coffee:

seekeroftruth

According to a facebook page for the community.... it's now up to the Commissioners to approve the ballot question.

Here's a quote...

We have a public meeting to take testimony on the charter scheduled for early February. We have to submit a report to the BOCC after the meeting. They can approve it, send a letter back with recommendations, or do nothing. If they send a letter back, we can make changes and re-submit. At that point, they can give a thumbs up or down. If they do nothing, then it is considered an approval. The thing is, the law says that this process can take up to 3 months, so we won't know until May.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
I looked through the threads and didn't see this one... sorry....
I have lost all respect for you since, after playing victim as a person with cancer, then writing about how wonderful your employer was (Lusby Hardware) helping you, what they did for you, how they supported you, bending over backwards to help you, during your "difficult time", only to up and quit and leave after you're healed. I am sure Maurice felt like a Mack truck ran him over and feels the most betrayed that a person could possibly be. Good job!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I may ...I have lost all respect for you since, after playing victim as a person with cancer, then writing about how wonderful your employer was (Lusby Hardware) helping you, what they did for you, how they supported you, bending over backwards to help you, during your "difficult time", only to up and quit and leave after you're healed. I am sure Maurice felt like a Mack truck ran him over and feels the most betrayed that a person could possibly be. Good job!

You seem to be perpetually butt hurt.

littlelady

God bless the USA

And, on top of that, LR is a perfect example of a member that does not know the whole story or details about another member, but makes assumptions and posts such cruel words. Shame on him/her. Grrrrr...... That's all.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Nope, just calling her out as any of you would if you had the information.
And, on top of that, LR is a perfect example of a member that does not know the whole story or details about another member, but makes assumptions and posts such cruel words. Shame on him/her. Grrrrr...... That's all.
Well then, please enlighten. Or maybe I know more than I am willing to let on?

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may ...Nope, just calling her out as any of you would if you had the information.
Well then, please enlighten. Or maybe I know more than I am willing to let on?

I will enlighten you with the fact that I know seeker, and that you are out of line in what you posted, no matter what you know, or think. I will not be drawn into your cruelness, or be part of going off topic. Members hate that. Not that you care, but I have lost respect for you. That is all I will say about this, and am moving on.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
I will enlighten you with the fact that I know seeker, and that you are out of line in what you posted, no matter what you know, or think. I will not be drawn into your cruelness, or be part of going off topic. Members hate that. Not that you care, but I have lost respect for you. That is all I will say about this, and am moving on.
Yeah well, I know her too. I also know the effect that she left on those that gave of themselves to help her at Lusby Hardware only to be thanked by leaving right after she was found to be ok.

Roman

If I may ...Yeah well, I know her too. I also know the effect that she left on those that gave of themselves to help her at Lusby Hardware only to be thanked by leaving right after she was found to be ok.
You don't seem like a nice person. Your statements aren't only hurtful, but they are wayyyyy out of line!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
You don't seem like a nice person. Your statements aren't only hurtful, but they are wayyyyy out of line!
The written word can seem quite harsh and critical. There is no meanness intended. She has been on here and laid out pretty much her entire personal life, and while she was challenged, her lack of loyalty to the very people that gave her so much says much. I am happy for her that she is doing better and her prognosis good. But that does not excuse her. If there are extenuating circumstances for her ditching Lusby Hardware that I have not been privy to, and they are explained, I will happily retract and apologize.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may ...The written word can seem quite harsh and critical. There is no meanness intended. She has been on here and laid out pretty much her entire personal life, and while she was challenged, her lack of loyalty to the very people that gave her so much says much. I am happy for her that she is doing better and her prognosis good. But that does not excuse her. If there are extenuating circumstances for her ditching Lusby Hardware that I have not been privy to, and they are explained, I will happily retract and apologize.

Me..I'm just curious what that personal battles has to do at all with the thread subject? I kept looking for a connection.....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Me..I'm just curious what that personal battles has to do at all with the thread subject? I kept looking for a connection.....
My fault and apologizes. After noticing her, I failed to look at other threads to find an appropriate thread to post to and just slipped up and put it here.

officeguy

Just your run of the mill cyber stalking incident.

The OP has 'found' the Calvert Shores thread in the meantime.

seekeroftruth

If I may ...I have lost all respect for you since, after playing victim as a person with cancer, then writing about how wonderful your employer was (Lusby Hardware) helping you, what they did for you, how they supported you, bending over backwards to help you, during your "difficult time", only to up and quit and leave after you're healed. I am sure Maurice felt like a Mack truck ran him over and feels the most betrayed that a person could possibly be. Good job!

Sorry to take so long to reply. I don't much care how much or how little respect you have for me but let me straighten out the course of events for you so you can disrespect me based on fact instead of this fiction you seem to have implanted in your mind.

First of all I am not a cancer victim. I knew two victims... they passed away a year or so ago. The diagnosis is Stage 4 Recurrent Metastatic Colon Cancer. I deal with it every single day. I am still fighting this "recurrent" disease. I didn't run off and leave Lusby Hardware. I did the best thing for Maurice, Charlie, and the company. I trained an accountant to take my place. The woman who finally took my job is doing a great job according to my boss, Sylvia. I didn't leave after I healed. I left so that I could heal. Should I have stayed?

I was gutted.... they put mesh in me to hold my guts in and, for you information, I had to have that mesh removed seven months later because it had become infected. The first surgery laid me up for three months and the second surgery in July laid me up for another 2 months. For three or four months, after the first surgery, I had a bag hanging from my belly that collected bodily fluids. I had to dump that bag every few hours so it could fill up again. There were specific instructions on how to dump it so I would not spread the disease to others. I still can't lift anything heavier than a ream of paper, let along the 4 inch binders that I dealt with on a daily basis. I couldn't physically do the job any more.

On top of that.... due to the treatments I was constantly loaded on hefty painkillers.... I shouldn't have been driving let alone taking responsibility for a company's financial records.

To put it plain and simple.... If I had stayed, I would have been selfish. You claim to know me in your posts. If you did know me, you would know that I miss that job every day still.... and all the people I worked with. AND you would know that I offered my services after I left. I told them if they had and questions about the job they could contact me. Now.... feel free to pass judgement.... based on those facts....

I hope that you will now go to the correct thread about the municipality and get the facts about the municipal question. I don't care if you vote or how you vote on the municipal question. I hope you will gather the facts on the question instead of spewing your own uneducated, unsubstantiated balderdash about that important topic.

I guess it did upset me that someone would say such things... thanks for letting me rant...

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Sorry to take so long to reply. I don't much care how much or how little respect you have for me but let me straighten out the course of events for you so you can disrespect me based on fact instead of this fiction you seem to have implanted in your mind.

First of all I am not a cancer victim. I knew two victims... they passed away a year or so ago. The diagnosis is Stage 4 Recurrent Metastatic Colon Cancer. I deal with it every single day. I am still fighting this "recurrent" disease. I didn't run off and leave Lusby Hardware. I did the best thing for Maurice, Charlie, and the company. I trained an accountant to take my place. The woman who finally took my job is doing a great job according to my boss, Sylvia. I didn't leave after I healed. I left so that I could heal. Should I have stayed?

I was gutted.... they put mesh in me to hold my guts in and, for you information, I had to have that mesh removed seven months later because it had become infected. The first surgery laid me up for three months and the second surgery in July laid me up for another 2 months. For three or four months, after the first surgery, I had a bag hanging from my belly that collected bodily fluids. I had to dump that bag every few hours so it could fill up again. There were specific instructions on how to dump it so I would spread the disease to others. I still can't lift anything heavier than a ream of paper, let along the 4 inch binders that I dealt with on a daily basis. I couldn't physically do the job any more.

On top of that.... due to the treatments I was constantly loaded on hefty painkillers.... I shouldn't have been driving let alone taking responsibility for a company's financial records.

To put it plain and simple.... If I had stayed, I would have been selfish. You claim to know me in your posts. If you did know me, you would know that I miss that job every day still.... and all the people I worked with. AND you would know that I offered my services after I left. I told them if they had and questions about the job they could contact me. Now.... feel free to pass judgement.... based on those facts....

I hope that you will now go to the correct thread about the municipality and get the facts about the municipal question. I don't care if you vote or how you vote on the municipal question. I hope you will gather the facts on the question instead of spewing your own uneducated, unsubstantiated balderdash about that important topic.

I guess it did upset me that someone would say such things... thanks for letting me rant...
I retract my previous comments and apologize. May you fully recover and God bless.