Oil

Restitution

I'm wondering when the price for goods will go down commensurate with the price of gasoline at the pump! The prices have been down for quite a while yet, goods and service remain constant.

tommyjo

This sounds like a lit fuse. I'm wondering when prices will skyrocket with no end in sight and what $$ amount will filter down to the gas pump.

Given the stupidity of the American consumer...2-3 years?

The American consumer's massive case of ADD will have them believing that low gas prices will last forever (just like HIGH gas prices were going to last forever)...so they will soon stop buying fuel efficient cars and will start buying Escalades and Hummers.

Thereby driving up demand and turning an oversupply problem into an undersupply problem, resulting in higher prices...at which point the American consumer will blame the problem on everyone but themselves.

This is a very old movie that has been re-run many, many times.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm wondering when the price for goods will go down commensurate with the price of gasoline at the pump! The prices have been down for quite a while yet, goods and service remain constant.

it was expertly explained by Tilted - the price drop reflects Next MONTHS Delivery Contracts .....

I filled up for $ 1.79 @ WAWA at Western Parkway and 228 this morning.

I haven't see gas that low since Bush left office

BigBlue

Many companies have "fuel contracts" that lock in prices it takes any where from 6 months to a year to have it adjusted and hit the market.

BigBlue

The American consumer's massive case of ADD will have them believing that low gas prices will last forever (just like HIGH gas prices were going to last forever)...so they will soon stop buying fuel efficient cars and will start buying Escalades and Hummers.

Thereby driving up demand and turning an oversupply problem into an undersupply problem, resulting in higher prices...at which point the American consumer will blame the problem on everyone but themselves.

Not necessarily,it will eventually go up but not like before.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

What vehicle do you drive, sweetie?