Snow Peeves

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Yeah I know it's a beautiful morning out there and you can't wait to plow your driveway with your quad, tractor or side by side but for the love of God, stop depositing your driveway snow out to the middle of a public road and leaving it.

PeoplesElbow

Yeah I know it's a beautiful morning out there and you can't wait to plow your driveway with your quad, tractor or side by side but for the love of God, stop depositing your driveway snow out to the middle of a public road and leaving it.

If the plow promises not to deposit the roads snow in my driveway.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Found clutched in lifeless body inside ice-covered home

Journal entry Day 1:

At laughed at the ritual, I thought it was silly superstition from the locals. I denied their claims in favour of logic and science. But now, with the snow continuing, those "silly superstitions" are coming to pass.

The six loaves of bread are gone. Gone. I can't even explain it with just me in the house. Gone. I'll probably starve.

The three gallons of milk, gone. I don't even DRINK milk! But the jugs lay barren, not a drop between them all. If starving didn't kill me, dehydration will.

And the last part of the curse, oh god help me, the final, horrible part. The toilet paper . . . I should have heeded the warnings. My fully stocked pantry . . . empty. Not a square to be found. I don't know what I'll be able to do. What if I have to take a shi . . . No. I don't want to fathom the horror that awaits. Perhaps I'll starve before facing that humiliation.

So I sit here. Just staring at a bare pantry of food and liquor. I had to turn the heat down, stifling in here. Probably the curse. In the freezer, nothing but steak and bacon and assorted treats but alas, without the bread . . . I can hear death approaching.

Why didn't I listen? Why did I poke fun? Day one. And I know there won't be a day two.

Oh no, stomach is rumbling and not for hunger. I have to go. Why? Why now?

Probably my last journal entry . .

SoMdDude

Thats the only snow I throw in the street, why cant the plows just pull up when they get to a driveway thats obviously already cleared? the a$$hats!
Must of had to redo the end of my driveway 7 times now, back in the road it goes!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Journal entry Day 1:

At laughed at the ritual, I thought it was silly superstition from the locals. I denied their claims in favour of logic and science. But now, with the snow continuing, those "silly superstitions" are coming to pass.

The six loaves of bread are gone. Gone. I can't even explain it with just me in the house. Gone. I'll probably starve.

The three gallons of milk, gone. I don't even DRINK milk! But the jugs lay barren, not a drop between them all. If starving didn't kill me, dehydration will.

And the last part of the curse, oh god help me, the final, horrible part. The toilet paper . . . I should have heeded the warnings. My fully stocked pantry . . . empty. Not a square to be found. I don't know what I'll be able to do. What if I have to take a shi . . . No. I don't want to fathom the horror that awaits. Perhaps I'll starve before facing that humiliation.

So I sit here. Just staring at a bare pantry of food and liquor. I had to turn the heat down, stifling in here. Probably the curse. In the freezer, nothing but steak and bacon and assorted treats but alas, without the bread . . . I can hear death approaching.

Why didn't I listen? Why did I poke fun? Day one. And I know there won't be a day two.

Bwa ha ha ha haaaa!!! Nailed it.

I can't believe there are so many people that like milk sammiches to begin with.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Journal entry Day 1:

:roflmao:

SamSpade

Normally I'd agree - but where do you think the plow puts the snow from the road? He's just giving the job to you!

PeoplesElbow

Bwa ha ha ha haaaa!!! Nailed it.

I can't believe there are so many people that like milk sammiches to begin with.

I saw something on one of the news channels where they went to a grocery store to ask what were people stocking up on, there were some obvious ones like condoms and wine but then some others like onions and dish soap that seemed like odd things to make sure you have if you get snowed in.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Journal entry Day 1:

:killingme

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My snow peeve is that I live in a TH neighborhood, and part of our HOA rules include that each owner is responsible for their own steps to their front door, walkway to the common sidewalk and the common sidewalk in front of their TH. Also, their own parking spaces, which are not necessarily in front of their TH.

Saturday, FH and I cleared our sidewalks (all the way to my car, actually, because I do not want to slip on the icy sidewalk) and we even did a little to the right side of our TH, which helped out those neighbors - figuring they would reciprocate the next day. Well, they didn't. One of them even 'borrowed" our snow shovel to help him clear a spot to get his Mercedes SUV out of the parking space! He didn't clean the space out - just enough to pull out. He didn't clean their walkway, nor contribute to cleaning the common walkways that they use. So, that was the end of my leaving my shovel parked by my front door. I wouldn't care at all if he used it and was sharing in keeping the common sidewalk cleared. Some of the other neighbors further down to our left didn't clear their sidewalks either, so the path to our other spot where FH parks wasn't clear. Our immediate neighbor and us have always reciprocated helping each other - taking turns going out and keeping up with the falling snow, etc. It's pretty irritating, because the kids will need to use the sidewalks to walk to the bus stop eventually, and Thing1 walks to catch the County's public transportation - they're all going to have to walk in road now.

Another thing I noticed is there were no teens out and about offering to make money by shoveling snow! We saw ONE boy, probably about 10 yrs old about 11am Saturday and he said he'd made $45 and was DONE. :lol: I have at least two neighbors a couple of doors down out shoveling their cars out and NOT their teens! For us, Thing1 helped out part of the time on Saturday, and Thing2 was out working with a contractor who was plowing round the clock all night, and he was also out on his "on call" job. Neither of them are "teens" anymore, and when they were - they were out helping me and helping the neighbors. When I mentioned the neighbor who has 2 sons 1 is HS age & 1 who is first year CSM and that I never saw them outside helping at all - he said "well, she never demanded or expected anything out of them, so that's exactly what she is getting out of them now". I have to admit, it made my day when he said that.

BOP

Oh-dark-thirty this am, southbound 2/4 from Cove Point Road. I'm in the slow (outside) lane, going about 55. There's a car in my lane going about 60-ish, about 4 car lengths ahead of me. Right next to him is a pickup, either pacing him, or passing him at the slowest pace imaginable.

Next thing I know, here comes a Diesel Douche with a snowplow blade on the front going at least 70...he was cookin', y'all. There's an acceleration lane onto the 2/4 from Rousby Hall Road, where the Giant and Walgreens are located. Apparently that's also a passing lane for Diesel Douches because that's exactly what he did; he passed the pickup in the fast lane on the left.

There is no time or place where that's either legal or acceptable, and especially not with the way the roads were this morning. I'd suggest to that little dick bastard that if he wants to off himself, a handgun is much quicker, and more sure a method, and you don't have to worry about taking anyone else with you.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Oh-dark-thirty this am, southbound 2/4 from Cove Point Road. I'm in the slow (outside) lane, going about 55. There's a car in my lane going about 60-ish, about 4 car lengths ahead of me. Right next to him is a pickup, either pacing him, or passing him at the slowest pace imaginable.

Next thing I know, here comes a Diesel Douche with a snowplow blade on the front going at least 70...he was cookin', y'all. There's an acceleration lane onto the 2/4 from Rousby Hall Road, where the Giant and Walgreens are located. Apparently that's also a passing lane for Diesel Douches because that's exactly what he did; he passed the pickup in the fast lane on the left.

There is no time or place where that's either legal or acceptable, and especially not with the way the roads were this morning. I'd suggest to that little dick bastard that if he wants to off himself, a handgun is much quicker, and more sure a method, and you don't have to worry about taking anyone else with you.

Sheesh! I am glad you are ok, sha, and watching out for dick bastards! I know exactly your route. Drove it many times when kids went to Patuxent. You made me think of this commercial. :lol:

nutz

You all were in his way and he was in a hurry. You should have been more accommodating and moved to the right shoulder. Snow will only last so long and they need to make as much as possible before it melts. :razz:

inkah

1. Troopers stopping at a dead stop for a green light in front of cars moving the speed limit because they are on their cell phones and mistake the red left turn light for theirs out of the corner of their eye.

2. Plow trucks who think because they have a plow they no longer have to pay attention to traffic laws.

3. County paying plow trucks to deposit 7-10 ft snow mountains in turning line of sight spots at intersections.

4. Neighborhood drug dealers who sit comfortable in their cars smoking and texting while the old ladies and children of the neighborhood try to shovel their car out of the bank they ran into while texting.

5. White trucks heading south on 235 keeping pace on icy roads and driving next to an ambulance with its lights and siren on responding to an emergency.

Last edited:
H

Hodr

The nice plowman built a 6 foot high 15 foot wide mound in front of my house that blocks half my driveway, my mailbox, and makes it impossible to put my trash out.

So I either have to move a couple of tons of snow by hand or just not get mail/trash or have any visitor parking for a month.

Midnightrider

Thats the only snow I throw in the street, why cant the plows just pull up when they get to a driveway thats obviously already cleared? the a$$hats!
Must of had to redo the end of my driveway 7 times now, back in the road it goes!

spoken like someone who has never driven a plow....

If they lift the blade before they get to your driveway they will dump a huge pile of snow in the street. if they do that at every driveway the road would not be passable.

if you keep piling that crap back in the road the plow has to come and push it again.

you people need to stop your biatching, or just ask the plows not to come down your road :killingme

Grumpy

spoken like someone who has never driven a plow....

If they lift the blade before they get to your driveway they will dump a huge pile of snow in the street. if they do that at every driveway the road would not be passable.

if you keep piling that crap back in the road the plow has to come and push it again.

you people need to stop your biatching, or just ask the plows not to come down your road :killingme

:dur: You straighten out the plow when crossing a driveway, then angle again after you pass the driveway..

Vince

Journal entry Day 1:

:lmao: