Medical malpractice lawyer

backforty

Looking for a GOOD medical malpractice lawyer. Have no idea where to start (I have no experience with lawyers or this sort of thing). I've been advised to find a lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice, not just any run-of-the-mill lawyer. Seems like most of the local ones mainly just do a lot of divorce etc? Please share your positive or negative recommendations and reviews (from personal experience, not just google).

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Looking for a GOOD medical malpractice lawyer. Have no idea where to start (I have no experience with lawyers or this sort of thing). I've been advised to find a lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice, not just any run-of-the-mill lawyer. Seems like most of the local ones mainly just do a lot of divorce etc? Please share your positive or negative recommendations and reviews (from personal experience, not just google).

Tell us what is going on so we can determine if you have a case.

Roman

Check with out of county Lawyers.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Have you asked for a reference from any local attorney's?

You might be able to get a suggestion from a local attorney...but will probably have to go to D.C. or Baltimore to find anyone...the big firms that advertise on TV are generally "useless" unless they think it's worth their while $$$

vince77

In most cases, attorneys willing to represent you will do so on a contingency basis, 40% or more, they are usually long and expensive because in reality you're suing the doctors insurance company.

H

Hodr

Because all of us suddenly have Law Degrees. :coffee:

I'm quite sure several regulars on this forum do have law degrees. And those individuals are guaranteed not to respond to this thread. The rest of us just like gossip.

HorseQueen

I've worked in the legal field for a few years now. Who are you trying to take to court? From my experience, most attorneys in the area would not even put their name out there to try to sue the local hospital or something equivalent. You're definitely going to want to talk to one of the bigger firms around DC/Greenbelt, etc. to see if you even have a case. You may feel you do, but there has to be actual laws and proof that back everything up.

3CATSAILOR

I have studied law. The first thing I can tell you is not to have any lawyer in this area. Second, research the lawyer you are considering on the Internet. Even ask the lawyer if he/she has references. Remember, you are hiring their firm to do a service for you. If they are a good firm, they should have some type of evidence showing what they have done over the years. Third and most important, don't put your business in public such as this forum. It could come back to haunt you. Good luck!

I have studied law. The first thing I can tell you is not to have any lawyer in this area. Second, research the lawyer you are considering on the Internet. Even ask the lawyer if he/she has references. Remember, you are hiring their firm to do a service for you. If they are a good firm, they should have some type of evidence showing what they have done over the years. Third and most important, don't put your business in public such as this forum. It could come back to haunt you. Good luck!

I have studied law too. I majored in Criminal Justice for two years :nerd:. That doesn't mean I am qualified to hand out legal advice :eyebrow:... And, your post is hardly advice for anyone... it is very common-sense and generic. :lol:

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have studied law too. I majored in Criminal Justice for two years :nerd:. That doesn't mean I am qualified to hand out legal advice :eyebrow:... And, your post is hardly advice for anyone... it is very common-sense and generic. :lol:

he never said he was a lawyer or it was legal advice. Which is a good point, I doubt any lawyer, like a doctor, would offer professional advice without a proper contract in place.
Not even for the money, but I think there are issues of ethics.

he never said he was a lawyer or it was legal advice. Which is a good point, I doubt any lawyer, like a doctor, would offer professional advice without a proper contract in place.
Not even for the money, but I think there are issues of ethics.

I suppose I looked too much into it. My mistake - I can admit when I am wrong. :frown: