Fast Food Worker Deserves to Be Paid More Than Paramedics

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Watch This Fast Food Worker Explain Why She Deserves to Be Paid More Than Paramedics

One profession saves lives, the other serves food.

Not to bash those that work in the fast food industry, but if anyone deserves a pay increase – it’s the person who is trying to save your life.

But try telling that to Lakecha Jackson, a Detroit fast food worker who believes fast food workers are more important than paramedics.

Check out her response 2:42 minutes into the clip:

baxter

Ignorance! Yet another who believes they are owed something by society........ McDonalds is not a career, its a stepping stone for kids who are attempting to go through college, or it used to be before the govt started handing out free money.:howdy: If you going to work there and make it a career, don't forget my damn cookie!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
:lol: Growing up, back in the day, that was true, but nowadays not so much.

But it should be that way today, no different than when I worked in that industry during junior and high school in 68 - 72 - nothing more than a part time job to make a few bucks for gas and pay for your date. If you want to make a career out of it, get into management and be ready to put in 50 - 60 hours per week on salary.

SamSpade

:lol: Growing up, back in the day, that was true, but nowadays not so much.

Can't speak for McDonald's (because I've never seen the data) but for minimum wage jobs, it is still true - the demographic for age still very heavily skews towards high school and college age kids, with a large chunk living in homes where the income is firmly in the middle class. Perhaps there are people working for a living at McDonald's, but they are far and away the exception (with respect to minimum wage earners).

Hijinx

Saw a lot of professionally made signs for a bunch of minimum wages workers...

Well: The Unions are looking for more suckers , their usual raft of suckers is starting to smarten up.

No easier group of suckers can be found than minimum wage workers being promised $15.00 an hour.