Showtime Deli

lovinmaryland

Anyone been? Looks like they just opened on the 20th. I've heard it used to be open at a previous location. We were thinking about grabbing lunch from there.

glhs837

Power with Control
Been twice so far. Pastrami was great. Service was fast. Fries, only okay. Mac salad that came with was really good. Nice chunks of red onion in it.

lovinmaryland

We ordered some steak & cheese subs. I saw from the video on youtube that the fries looked pretty ordinary but we got some any ways. Will report back on how everything was.

Agee

Anyone been? Looks like they just opened on the 20th. I've heard it used to be open at a previous location. We were thinking about grabbing lunch from there.

Back in the day, housed where the mixing bowl is?

Last edited:

lovinmaryland

Whelp that was a bust :boo:

Ordered two steak & cheese subs for lunch today.

1) they were on hot dog buns :eyebrow: :dead:
2) one came w/ all the toppings (lettuce, tomato, peppers, onions, mayo) the other just meat & cheese :confused:
3) my girlfriends second half of her sub had a hair on it (thankfully it was on top and on the second half)

The meat was seasoned good but that's the only positive thing I can say for it.

The macaroni salad that came w/ the sandwich was decent but the amount was definitely laughable. The fries were nothing special and definitely over priced. The container we got was $2.50.

Won't be going back.

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 575
  • 00000.jpg
    00000.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 569
  • 0000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 480

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Whelp that was a bust :boo:

Ordered two steak & cheese subs for lunch today.

1) they were on hot dog buns :eyebrow: :dead:
2) one came w/ all the toppings (lettuce, tomato, peppers, onions, mayo) the other just meat & cheese :confused:
3) my girlfriends second half of her sub had a hair on it (thankfully it was on top and on the second half)

The meat was seasoned good but that's the only positive thing I can say for it.

The macaroni salad that came w/ the sandwich was decent but the amount was definitely laughable. The fries were nothing special and definitely over priced. The container we got was $2.50.

Won't be going back.

Hot dog bun? :lol: That looks like hospital food.

lovinmaryland

Hot dog bun? :lol: That looks like hospital food.

:lol: I know right!

My girlfriend said she had heard good things about them and that they have been open in another location for 20 some years but recently moved to where the LP Rita's used to be. She wanted to give them a try so I figured why not. UGH waste of $ it was just not good.

You live & learn right! Hopefully this saves someone $20 :lol:

Wasn't Showtime one of Charlie's places? Someone trying to carry on the Charlie legacy or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh no!! Showtime was SO GOOD back in the day and I did a little dance when I heard they were re-opening.

So what do you mean by "hot dog roll"? Like, literally a hot dog roll or a sub sized roll that is soft like a hot dog roll? (I thought the pics of your subs looked pretty good. :yum:)

lovinmaryland

Oh no!! Showtime was SO GOOD back in the day and I did a little dance when I heard they were re-opening.

So what do you mean by "hot dog roll"? Like, literally a hot dog roll or a sub sized roll that is soft like a hot dog roll? (I thought the pics of your subs looked pretty good. :yum:)
literally like a hot dog roll...it was soft like white bread. Not good at all.

I think I am spoiled by the New York Deli too. They have the BEST steak & cheese I've had since being in Philly.

I just watched it...it is a little weird. Like wth :lol:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 367

lovinmaryland

That pic looks delicious to me. :yum: Except that a proper cheesesteak isn't supposed to have LTM on it - I'd never even seen that done before I moved here.

I know I didn't read the fine print when I ordered. But going there kinda reminds me of the soup Nazi from Seinfeld LOL its super small and you've gotta know what you want, then get in line, order and move. But everything we've had there is ahhhhmazing. Its my new favorite spot to eat.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 341
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 359

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
:lol: I know right!

My girlfriend said she had heard good things about them and that they have been open in another location for 20 some years but recently moved to where the LP Rita's used to be. She wanted to give them a try so I figured why not. UGH waste of $ it was just not good.

You live & learn right! Hopefully this saves someone $20 :lol:

Maybe the next place that opens up there will be better. :smile: :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'ma check out Showtime anyway. There've been a number of times a restaurant has been panned on here, yet I went and thought everything was delicious.