Looking for a Cat Groomer

lmwelch

Can anyone recommend a good cat groomer in the Charles Co/St. Mary's Co area? I've called PetCo and PetSmart -- PetCo just brushes/trims (no bath) and PetSmart (Waldorf) does do full cat grooming. I may make an appointment with PetSmart, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone on the forum has a recommendation. TIA!

Roman

Check with Peppers Pet Pantry in Lusby : They have a nice set up for bathing dogs and I would think cats too! Phone 410-326-4006
Address:
13372 H.G. Trueman Road
P O Box 1060
Solomons, MD. 20688-1060

http://www.pepperspetpantry.com
I am sure that you can bathe your cat too, but this is a do-it-yourself place. I think s/he is looking for someone to do it for them.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Can anyone recommend a good cat groomer in the Charles Co/St. Mary's Co area? I've called PetCo and PetSmart -- PetCo just brushes/trims (no bath) and PetSmart (Waldorf) does do full cat grooming. I may make an appointment with PetSmart, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone on the forum has a recommendation. TIA!

I can do it for free..........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 270

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I could've sworn Dang Dirty Dog in Hollywood did cat grooming. I take my dog there and they have some kind of deal with SMAWL and foster a couple of their cats out of the DDD storefront. The cats hang out there in the big window and watch all the puppies come in and out :lol: so they're at least cat-friendly. I also think there's several groomer's vans that come to your house and some of them are cat friendly. However I've never worked with them, maybe another member can verify.

If you get an answer, please share. I have a long-haired Norwegian forest cat and sometimes I just can't with all that fur :lol:

lmwelch

Okay I never did get my cat groomed but now I'm thinking about doing it again. My vet mentioned a groomer named Wendy who does cats and I thought they told me the name of her shop is Wags and Tails -- they said it's in San Souci Plaza. I tried Googling for a shop/groomer by this name and I can't find it so I'm wondering if anyone on the forums may know what my vet was referring to. Is there a grooming place by the name of Wags and Tails (or something similar) in St. Mary's County? Is anyone familiar with a groomer named Wendy (sorry, don't know last name) and, is so, where she works?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Okay I never did get my cat groomed but now I'm thinking about doing it again. My vet mentioned a groomer named Wendy who does cats and I thought they told me the name of her shop is Wags and Tails -- they said it's in San Souci Plaza. I tried Googling for a shop/groomer by this name and I can't find it so I'm wondering if anyone on the forums may know what my vet was referring to. Is there a grooming place by the name of Wags and Tails (or something similar) in St. Mary's County? Is anyone familiar with a groomer named Wendy (sorry, don't know last name) and, is so, where she works?

I think there is a new one in the center where Kohl's is.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Wag and wash is the new one in San Souci, but I don't see cats on their site.
http://www.wagnwash.com

Shelleys is a site sponsor and has been here for years as pasofever
http://shelleyspetboutique.com

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Thank you very much, Merlin99! Wag and Wash is the place I was looking for. "Wendy" is the groomer there and she does do cats! Yay!

I should've updated my post but Dang Dirty Dog groomers in Hollywood will do cats as well. I took my cat there a couple weeks ago, making sure to book in the later evening when they're not as busy. They said he was a total sweetheart and would love to have him back anytime :lol: but then again he's a Norwegian forest cat and their attitude is best described as a laid back surfer dude. He's so chill they probably thought I'd doped him up on catnip before going in :killingme

JoeR

Wag and wash is the new one in San Souci, but I don't see cats on their site.
http://www.wagnwash.com

Thank you very much, Merlin99! Wag and Wash is the place I was looking for. "Wendy" is the groomer there and she does do cats! Yay!

You'll like Wendy. She has been doing my two dogs for the last 8 years. She used to work at Companion Care Vet in Mechanicsville. I just got a note from her saying she is now at the new place. Looks like I'll be driving a little further south now. But she's great and worth it.