RLCs working for Tampa..... maybe not so much....

glhs837

Power with Control
http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/07/15/tampa-buckhorn-red-light-camera-connections/30189921/

Note that the vendor in question is the same one that the Sheriff has been relying on for a lot of his data regarding how awesome these things are.

Article is a great example of how these things quite often pan out. Press gets whiff of how it really works, investigates (assuming you have a press that gives a crap), Sheriff runs over objections with the standard spiel about "I cares not about the money, it's the safety!!!!"

BernieP

Resident PIA
http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/07/15/tampa-buckhorn-red-light-camera-connections/30189921/

Note that the vendor in question is the same one that the Sheriff has been relying on for a lot of his data regarding how awesome these things are.

Article is a great example of how these things quite often pan out. Press gets whiff of how it really works, investigates (assuming you have a press that gives a crap), Sheriff runs over objections with the standard spiel about "I cares not about the money, it's the safety!!!!"

What I sense here (this community) is that questioning authority figures is considered a crime. Anyone who dares to question authority is attacked.
It's a group that would largely give up their constitutional rights to feel safer. You know, "if you don't have anything to hide you won't mind while we do a body cavity search

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I posted on this topic last week or so in another thread about RLC's up there. There has never, ever, EVER, been even a hint of political connections with vendors here in Tampa or Hillsborough County.........:sarcasm:

Bob Buckhorn is a schill for the Dem party and in the bag for HRC.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control

Yep, red light crashes happen. Nobody disputes that. The dispute is whether these systems actually change that or not, or if they do, that gain isn't offset by a gain in rear end crashes. And since you already said we cant trust any study, then why make any change? We could hire folks to play the ukulele at light controlled intersections and hope that helps just as easily.

You don't win this argument by playing the heartstring card, it's an argument of facts.

TPD

the poor dad
Yep, red light crashes happen. Nobody disputes that. The dispute is whether these systems actually change that or not, or if they do, that gain isn't offset by a gain in rear end crashes. And since you already said we cant trust any study, then why make any change? We could hire folks to play the ukulele at light controlled intersections and hope that helps just as easily.

You don't win this argument by playing the heartstring card, it's an argument of facts.

I'm meeting with state legislators this evening. I will bring up the issue of RLCs with them and voice my opposition to them.

Deb Rey is doing a town hall this Saturday. Be sure to attend. 10am at the LP Rescue Squad.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm meeting with state legislators this evening. I will bring up the issue of RLCs with them and voice my opposition to them.

Deb Rey is doing a town hall this Saturday. Be sure to attend. 10am at the LP Rescue Squad.

Hey, on the weekend at a close place, I will be sure to attend. Need to hit the library anyway.

glhs837

Power with Control
I was there, but someone, I suspect you perhaps, asked the question first. If she had indicated maybe she was against it, I might have spoken up but since she said she was a cosponsor I didnt see any need.

TPD

the poor dad
I was there, but someone, I suspect you perhaps, asked the question first. If she had indicated maybe she was against it, I might have spoken up but since she said she was a cosponsor I didnt see any need.

Yes that was me.