Metrocast--anybody seeing the new internet speeds yet?

imaref

Metrocast is increasing the speeds of the Ultra internet from 75mbps to 100mbps. Alot of areas have gotten the speed increases already (I thought they were supposed to be finished with the upgrades this week). Anybody seeing the speed upgrade yet? I'm not seeing any increases.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I saw them the other day, (those new internet speeds), blowing through an intersection. A red light camera might have got them. Boy are they snazzy and flashy. Got to get me one.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I didn't realize they were doing anything internet wise. I know mine at home and work has been crappy since the snow storm.

H

Hodr

Metrocast is increasing the speeds of the Ultra internet from 75mbps to 100mbps. Alot of areas have gotten the speed increases already (I thought they were supposed to be finished with the upgrades this week). Anybody seeing the speed upgrade yet? I'm not seeing any increases.

Seems you might have been the first to post about the 50/1 to 75/5 upgrade as well. You have an inside source?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Their 75 mb speed is a joke. Yea I can get 75mb at 3 am but between the hours of 5pm and 11pm I typically only get 3 to 6 megs. I dropped down to the 20 mb plan because why pay for 75mb when I only get 5. I am thinking about dropping down to the 5mb plan until they get their bandwidth issues figured out.

imaref

Their 75 mb speed is a joke. Yea I can get 75mb at 3 am but between the hours of 5pm and 11pm I typically only get 3 to 6 megs. I dropped down to the 20 mb plan because why pay for 75mb when I only get 5. I am thinking about dropping down to the 5mb plan until they get their bandwidth issues figured out.

If your speed drops that much during peak hours, it can mean the node serving your neighborhood is overloaded (too many customers on the same node). We had the same problem years back and we kept calling for service calls until they finally fixed the problem (not sure if they added a node or replace a smaller node with a larger one). Also, where the cable come into your house, there could be a splitter device that has gone bad (it's metal and about the size of a matchbox). They do no stand up very well to the weather. Two years ago I was having speed problems. The tech replaced the splitter and everything has been good since.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
If your speed drops that much during peak hours, it can mean the node serving your neighborhood is overloaded (too many customers on the same node). We had the same problem years back and we kept calling for service calls until they finally fixed the problem (not sure if they added a node or replace a smaller node with a larger one). Also, where the cable come into your house, there could be a splitter device that has gone bad (it's metal and about the size of a matchbox). They do no stand up very well to the weather. Two years ago I was having speed problems. The tech replaced the splitter and everything has been good since.

Its down right awful during peak hours and good during off peak. It seams like they don't have enough bandwidth for our neighborhood. Typically when I do a speed test my upload speed is double my download speed.

Warron

I hit around 105 down on steam the other day, sustained for a 20gb download. So its in effect at my house.

H

Hodr

I had the exact same issue when we were at 50mbit, made them come out several times. The first couple they came out during the hours I expressly told them I never experiences issues...and surprise surprise there was no issue. Then they came out and tapped into a node that didn't service my street....and no issue.

Eventually they came out when we did have trouble (after about 7pm) and checked the correct node, and were finally able to determine and fix the problem.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
speed test.jpg Here's Verizon High Speed Internet at my house.

wubbles

Nothing yet. Hopefully by the end of February. Wish they would increase the upload speed. Takes ages to try and upload any sort of video to share. Can't even consider lower tiers.

imaref

I just assumed that the work they did during overnight hours the past two weeks http://smnewsnet.com/archives/398140/important-notice-for-metrocast-customers/ was installing equipment to cope with the new speeds, and that we would have the upgraded speeds by now. Guess I was wrong... if we eventually get the new download speeds, it also looks like the upload speed will be increasing as well (not much, but looks like the New Hampshire folks are getting 105 down/12 up).

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Any updates? Still 75/8 at my place.

Since it hasn't been advertised in St. Mary's, I'd say we're at least 10 months away from any speed increase. It looks like the information the OP had was specifically for New Hampshire.