Dirtbike/Motorcycle parts

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Husband bought me my first dirtbike today...besides SM City is there any other place local that sells parts?

glhs837

Power with Control
Odds of finding anything "local" is slim. Nearest place would be up in La Plata, I think.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Well we found the clutch handle on Amazon for $10. Upon further inspection we need a carb boot as well. Its kinda cracked up. It doesnt affect it running tho. The bike runs great and i think its perfect for someone just starting to ride.

Well we found the clutch handle on Amazon for $10. Upon further inspection we need a carb boot as well. Its kinda cracked up. It doesnt affect it running tho. The bike runs great and i think its perfect for someone just starting to ride.

You do want to replace that. If it sucks dirty air in thru the cracks, it will kill the carb. Since this is a dirt bike, I suspect you'll be kicking up a lot of dust and dirt.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
This is the air filter that came out of the bike...

20160210_212507-1.jpg

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
:lol: You might want to replace that too!

Lmao! My husband was like wtf? All it is, is two peices of like felt wrapped around a plastic thing and duct tapped. I order another one and its only $15. So i have no idea why they would do this.

Lmao! My husband was like wtf? All it is, is two peices of like felt wrapped around a plastic thing and duct tapped. I order another one and its only $15. So i have no idea why they would do this.

I do get it. When was a kid I had no money, so I "fixed" everything rather than pay for new, made parts last way longer than they should have been used.

And now that I'm on a fixed income, I may start doing that again!!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I do get it. When was a kid I had no money, so I "fixed" everything rather than pay for new, made parts last way longer than they should have been used.

And now that I'm on a fixed income, I may start doing that again!!!

My first bike was a 1964 350 Benelli frame and engine with 1967 Honda CL72 forks, front and rear wheels. Because the Benelli sprocket was on the other side compared to Honda, the rear wheel had to be mounted in a way that didn't allow the brake to be hooked up. Front brakes were enough. Mounted one of the Honda 250 carbs on the Benelli engine with an adapter I made out of plywood. Short open pipe exhaust. No air filter. 4 speed, but only 1st and 4th gears worked.

But it was mine. All mine..and it ran and moved under its own power.

My first bike was a 1964 350 Benelli frame and engine with 1967 Honda CL72 forks, front and rear wheels. Because the Benelli sprocket was on the other side compared to Honda, the rear wheel had to be mounted in a way that didn't allow the brake to be hooked up. Front brakes were enough. Mounted one of the Honda 250 carbs on the Benelli engine with an adapter I made out of plywood. Short open pipe exhaust. No air filter. 4 speed, but only 1st and 4th gears worked.

But it was mine. All mine..and it ran and moved under its own power.

Sounds like my first go-cart.... :lol: Tube frame from a old swing set, plywood motor mount, transmission from a riding lawnmower, v-belt drive with a tension spring on an idler pulley for a clutch, ropes for steering. Looked like something out of Little Rascals.

Ah, the memories.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sounds like my first go-cart.... :lol: Tube frame from a old swing set, plywood motor mount, transmission from a riding lawnmower, v-belt drive with a tension spring on an idler pulley for a clutch, ropes for steering. Looked like something out of Little Rascals.

Ah, the memories.

Yep. Dirt poor, money wise, but we sure didn't let that slow us down.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Ordered a new clutch cable for the dirtbike and we also bought a 4 wheeler that has a issue with the electric start on it. They bypasses the original battery set up and installed a bigger one in a cargo box underneath it. Its a 03 Yamaha bear tracker 250.