Two Republican Congressmen Introduce Bill to 'Draft Our Daughters'

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Hey, fair is fair, equal opportunity and risk, same pay for the same job type thing. Right?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't understand why this would be a controversial topic. Whether you allow women in combat roles or not, women are obviously capable of participating in the armed forces and have done so for many years. In the extremely unlikely event that we should ever need to re-institute the draft, I don't see much valid argument for why women shouldn't be included.

I expect that primary care givers for children (whether male or female) would likely be exempt.

Agree. I'm surprised it's taken this long.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm kind of wondering why we're still registering anyone for the draft. It's not like the one that don't want to go are actually going to be forced to go.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Interesting thing is that both sponsoring representatives say they expect to vote against their own bill.

Vince

I'm kind of wondering why we're still registering anyone for the draft. It's not like the one that don't want to go are actually going to be forced to go.
I know I had to register for the Draft when I turned 18. Hell, there were still guys in Vietnam, but do kids today have to register when they turn 18?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I know I had to register for the Draft when I turned 18. Hell, there were still guys in Vietnam, but do kids today have to register when they turn 18?

Yes they do. I even had to register in 1984 after completing my four-year tour on active duty.