The Hate Contest

PsyOps

Pixelated
Bernie’s plan has the virtue of simplicity:

1. Loot the banks;
2. Plunder the rich;
and
3. Free stuff for everybody!

An entire presidential platform rooted in this - and he's winning. This really disturbing me that we, as a nation, have gotten to this point.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Bernie’s plan has the virtue of simplicity:

1. Loot the banks;
2. Plunder the rich;
and
3. Free stuff for everybody!

An entire presidential platform rooted in this - and he's winning. This really disturbing me that we, as a nation, have gotten to this point.

Where have you had your head buried? We've been like this since, uh, oh I don't know ... around 1913 or thereabouts.

Wake up.

Blister

One thing these people who want to redistribute the wealth should understand.
If we took every dollar in creation and divided it equally ---inside of one month there would be rich people and poor people again.

And the Congress would still be filled with the rich.

It might be fun to try it and find out if you're right.

PsyOps

Pixelated
One thing these people who want to redistribute the wealth should understand.
If we took every dollar in creation and divided it equally ---inside of one month there would be rich people and poor people again.

And the Congress would still be filled with the rich.

The one thing that is clear to me is they (people like Sanders) don't want to solve the problem of poverty and income disparity. When they do, they're no longer needed. That's why they propose these really outlandish ideas. These ideas are only designed to make as many people dependent on government as possible; eventually turning them into compliant little liberal voters.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was actually thinking about that this morning while walking the dog. I have new neighbors, both of whom live on the first floor of my building. One is a Korean man and woman (who do not appear to speak English), the other is a group of two or three Hispanic men. Both of them have started leaving their trash in the entryway, which is a no no, not to mention rude as ####. Several of us have complained to the management, and they have warned them a number of times. Still they persist and our apartment entryway is starting to look like a landfill, until maintenance comes and clears it away.

These are nice apartments, btw. Not low income and certainly not inexpensive. We even have freaking valet trash service - you don't even have to take your garbage to the dumpster, every night the trash guys come and get it for you. But they don't do service on Friday or Saturday, which is when these aholes typically start piling their trash up.

Everyone always sneers about "ugly Americans" and blah blah blah, but I have to tell you - I see an awful lot of ugliness going on with people who come here from other countries. They're rude, they're disrespectful, they refuse to learn to communicate with us. "And some I'm sure are very nice people."

My point being that Americans and the US in general take a lot of #### from the world, and the two Democrat presidential candidates appear to agree that we all pretty much suck. Why do we tolerate this? I'm sure this is a lot of what's going on with Trump's supporters: we're tired of these freaking aholes taking our money, hoovering up our generosity, then telling us how much we suck.

TheLibertonian

I was actually thinking about that this morning while walking the dog. I have new neighbors, both of whom live on the first floor of my building. One is a Korean man and woman (who do not appear to speak English), the other is a group of two or three Hispanic men. Both of them have started leaving their trash in the entryway, which is a no no, not to mention rude as ####. Several of us have complained to the management, and they have warned them a number of times. Still they persist and our apartment entryway is starting to look like a landfill, until maintenance comes and clears it away.

These are nice apartments, btw. Not low income and certainly not inexpensive. We even have freaking valet trash service - you don't even have to take your garbage to the dumpster, every night the trash guys come and get it for you. But they don't do service on Friday or Saturday, which is when these aholes typically start piling their trash up.

Everyone always sneers about "ugly Americans" and blah blah blah, but I have to tell you - I see an awful lot of ugliness going on with people who come here from other countries. They're rude, they're disrespectful, they refuse to learn to communicate with us. "And some I'm sure are very nice people."

My point being that Americans and the US in general take a lot of #### from the world, and the two Democrat presidential candidates appear to agree that we all pretty much suck. Why do we tolerate this? I'm sure this is a lot of what's going on with Trump's supporters: we're tired of these freaking aholes taking our money, hoovering up our generosity, then telling us how much we suck.

Could you quote anything where they actually say that?

Saying our country isn't perfect is not the same as saying it's bad. Of course our country isn't perfect; perfection is an illusion held only by megalomaniacs. America is merely the best to come along ever so far, but that doesn't mean we can rest on our laurels. We must continue constantly to be the best that has ever been thus far.

As for your neighbors, you have crappy neighbors. That they happen to be foreigners or recent immigrants is a non-factor; I've known more then a fair share of Americans, white and black, to do the same sort of thing.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Saying our country isn't perfect is not the same as saying it's bad. Of course our country isn't perfect; perfection is an illusion held only by megalomaniacs. America is merely the best to come along ever so far, but that doesn't mean we can rest on our laurels. We must continue constantly to be the best that has ever been thus far.

As for your neighbors, you have crappy neighbors. That they happen to be foreigners or recent immigrants is a non-factor; I've known more then a fair share of Americans, white and black, to do the same sort of thing.
Would you please just STFU?

SamSpade

Saying our country isn't perfect is not the same as saying it's bad.

My experience has been that when people use the turn of the phrase "it's not perfect" or "nobody's perfect", they are ONLY using it as an excuse for obviously bad behavior.

Kind of the way my kids blurt out "I'm sorry" when they REALLY mean "oh please don't beat my ass even though I deserve it".

I LOVE this country - as it is. JUST the way it is. It could be better, but - so could my kids. So could my wife. I don't want any other family. Love them the way they are.

These folks who whine about this country very often HATE the way it is. They hope for better, but they don't like what it is now.

THAT is the difference.

TheLibertonian

My experience has been that when people use the turn of the phrase "it's not perfect" or "nobody's perfect", they are ONLY using it as an excuse for obviously bad behavior.

Kind of the way my kids blurt out "I'm sorry" when they REALLY mean "oh please don't beat my ass even though I deserve it".

I LOVE this country - as it is. JUST the way it is. It could be better, but - so could my kids. So could my wife. I don't want any other family. Love them the way they are.

These folks who whine about this country very often HATE the way it is. They hope for better, but they don't like what it is now.

THAT is the difference.

Are you saying it's better to merely accept what is and not strive for anything better? Just trying to understand.

SamSpade

Are you saying it's better to merely accept what is and not strive for anything better? Just trying to understand.

You should always strive for more.

I'm saying if you don't at least love it the way it is now, you don't love it at all.

"You look like crap now, honey, but if you lost a lot of weight, you'd look awesome". Yeah, nothing says I love you like, I love what you COULD be.

TheLibertonian

You should always strive for more.

I'm saying if you don't at least love it the way it is now, you don't love it at all.

"You look like crap now, honey, but if you lost a lot of weight, you'd look awesome". Yeah, nothing says I love you like, I love what you COULD be.

That's fair, to a point, but again I see a total lack of evidence that either Clinton or Sanders actively hates the country, or even that they don't love it.

Loving it the way it is now doesn't mean it can't be improved. Loving it and realizing it's in serious trouble also seems to be a very valid metaphor.

And again, this isn't an endorsement of their beliefs or that I plan to vote for either of them, I've expressed my dislike for Clinton several times across the forums, but as I pointed out elsewhere, I don't need to make crap up to criticize their policies.

TheLibertonian

We have no idea why you are always wrong. Maybe you have a gift.

And as usual rather then engaging in debate or discussion you hurl insults and refuse to back up your point. Explain to me why I'm wrong. Use reason. Dare to think. We didn't liberate ourselves from the medieval feudalistic and theocratic societies to go back to not using reason.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think this kid think the forum is a debating team in college where it just goes on and on forever,instead of a discussion of opinion and moving on to the next subject

I think he got beat up a lot in school and is still waiting to have his first date.