Food Not Somali Enough or What?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And how often has this actually happened in america in the last two decades?

How about we be smarter than you are and just focus on the last year or so...you know, coinciding with the dramatic rise of IS/ISIS/ISIL and their skills with social media. How about that?

TheLibertonian

How about we be smarter than you are and just focus on the last year or so...you know, coinciding with the dramatic rise of IS/ISIS/ISIL and their skills with social media. How about that?

Ok. How often has this happened in the last year in the U.S.?

Hijinx

One time is one too many.

We don't need any more crazies in America. We have enough here already, Thank You very much.

TheLibertonian

One time is one too many.

We don't need any more crazies in America. We have enough here already, Thank You very much.

Don't you find that to be a bit draconian, though, to say "Oh so one person out of 100,000 (or so) somali refugees went nuts in an israeli store, no more somalis!".

I mean, it's sort of like when people go "Look, 1 in 10,000 people who own a gun commit a crime with them, so we should ban all guns!"

I mean thank goodness no one was killed, but is it a reasonable and measured response? And when people say "we're sick of this happening", well that suggest to me it's something that's a common occurrence, and I'm not entirely sure it is? At least I can't recall any significant Somali slaughters recently.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Really? Would you like to exhibit some more attacks by Somali refugees in the last two years in the U.S.? Because I do follow the news daily and I just can't seem to recall that many.

Muslims..sport. You know..the ones that are influenced by all the ISIS/AQ media blitz exhorting them to kill infidels. You should get out more.

TheLibertonian

Muslims..sport. You know..the ones that are influenced by all the ISIS/AQ media blitz exhorting them to kill infidels. You should get out more.

Right. And how many of those who have occurred in the U.S.?

You do realize there's an ocean separating us from the rest of the world right? It's not like Europe, we don't have a big gaping hole that they can just walk through. Even coming up through mexico or down from Canada, they still have an Ocean to cross.

Let me cut through the nice talk and get to the grit. There are hundreds of thousands of refugees in this country, reaching into the millions but not quite, of which less then one hundred have ever been arrested for terrorism related charges. So roughly .000012% of refugees are terrorist as of this moment in the U.S.. And many were arrested years and years AFTER they got here.

By the same sort of thinking you have, we should ban all guns, because less then 1% of legally purchased guns (Approximately .00001%) are used to commit crimes.

So why do you want to ban all Muslim refugees for the actions of .000012% but not all guns for the action of .00001%?

Further, of the last four major terrorist things in the united states: The Boston Bombing, the Charleston shooter, the Colorado shooter, and the california shooters, half were motivated by Islam directly, and only one was motivated by ISIS/ISIL connections.

See, I think we need sensible approaches to things, I really do, but I cannot find myself saying this is sensible as a response based upon what we know and what has occurred over the last decade. on top of that, the rhetoric is the same as the Democratic panic-pursuers who want to say all gun ownership is the first step to committing crimes.

Hijinx

Don't you find that to be a bit draconian, though, to say "Oh so one person out of 100,000 (or so) somali refugees went nuts in an israeli store, no more somalis!".

I mean, it's sort of like when people go "Look, 1 in 10,000 people who own a gun commit a crime with them, so we should ban all guns!"

I mean thank goodness no one was killed, but is it a reasonable and measured response? And when people say "we're sick of this happening", well that suggest to me it's something that's a common occurrence, and I'm not entirely sure it is? At least I can't recall any significant Somali slaughters recently.

I will waste my time and answer you. This case is one. There are other stories in the news of problems with Somali refugees (???) Immigrants (WTF?)

http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/minnesota-muslims-brutally-honest-we-want-shariah/
http://newobserveronline.com/somalis-in-america-a-horror-story-of-crime-violence-and-now-terrorism/

It's really pretty easy I just went to Google typed in "Somalis problems in America," and the hits kept coming.
I might add this is just Somalis, not any other brand of immigrant Muslims Obama wants to let in.
Why bring up Syrian Muslims? We don't have enough of them yet to be causing a real problem, but I am sure it's coming.
They have proved themselves in nthe gropings and rapes in Germany and Europe.

TheLibertonian

I will waste my time and answer you. This case is one. There are other stories in the news of problems with Somali refugees (???) Immigrants (WTF?)

http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/minnesota-muslims-brutally-honest-we-want-shariah/
http://newobserveronline.com/somalis-in-america-a-horror-story-of-crime-violence-and-now-terrorism/

It's really pretty easy I just went to Google typed in "Somalis problems in America," and the hits kept coming.
I might add this is just Somalis, not any other brand of immigrant Muslims Obama wants to let in.
Why bring up Syrian Muslims? We don't have enough of them yet to be causing a real problem, but I am sure it's coming.
They have proved themselves in nthe gropings and rapes in Germany and Europe.

YEs, I'm sorry but the first one, the new observer, is filled with flat out racial theory. I do love insinuations that "the blacks" are just naturally dumber then all other human beings despite their being no noticeable genetic differences in their brain makeup.

See, I also went to google and did that. And I saw a lot of repeats of the same story. For the second, I can't help but think of certain Christians I've met who've basically said the same thing, though of course they have no country to return to.

How about some crime statistics. Clearly if this is such a huge problem the DoJ, especially under president bush, would've been tracking this very closely.

And as I've pointed out before, there is a n ocean separating us from that part of the world. They are not flooding in here. It takes up to two years for a refugee to ever set foot on the U.S. Mainland.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
YEs, I'm sorry but the first one, the new observer, is filled with flat out racial theory. I do love insinuations that "the blacks" are just naturally dumber then all other human beings despite their being no noticeable genetic differences in their brain makeup.

See, I also went to google and did that. And I saw a lot of repeats of the same story. For the second, I can't help but think of certain Christians I've met who've basically said the same thing, though of course they have no country to return to.

How about some crime statistics. Clearly if this is such a huge problem the DoJ, especially under president bush, would've been tracking this very closely.

And as I've pointed out before, there is a n ocean separating us from that part of the world. They are not flooding in here. It takes up to two years for a refugee to ever set foot on the U.S. Mainland.

Really? REALLY???

I'm with vrai on this one...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ok, now see, what you can do, is counter me using facts. Prove me wrong. I want to be proven wrong.

Nooo, this is where you go on iggy. If I want to read stupid ####, I can always go to HuffPo. You are clearly a child. I taught my kids how to research and form their own opinions, go ask your Dad to help you. He will appreciate the attention you give him.

:peace:

Hijinx

Ok, now see, what you can do, is counter me using facts. Prove me wrong. I want to be proven wrong.

I know what I would like to do I would like to get you a T-shirt with the Star of David on it and have you walk around in the Muslim part of Dearborn, and perhaps that would take some of that Naivete' away from you, wise you up.

TheLibertonian

I know what I would like to do I would like to get you a T-shirt with the Star of David on it and have you walk around in the Muslim part of Dearborn, and perhaps that would take some of that Naivete' away from you, wise you up.

And if they break the law the full weight of the hammer of justice should be dropped upon them, as with anyone else. however, once again, "innocent until proven guilty" is one of the pillars upon which the modern western world is built, and merely "being Muslim" does not constitute guilt of any specific crime and therefore cannot be punished.

I'm very well aware of how intolerant the Islamic religion is, I have fought against proponents of it before, and I will stand and fight any attempt to establish Sharia law in our country, but I refuse to become them.

To quote the English, regarding Islamist: Come on if you think you're hard enough.