All McKay's Foodland

Hammer

Is it me? or does anyone else whose been around St. Mary's all their life notice how down hill Mckay's is. When I shop in the park I've bought pizza kits with mold. There are dairy and other products with expired dates. The frozen vegatables are freezer burned. The seafood, eat at your own risk. It's dirty, nasty. I've seen rolls and rolls of paper towels in the freezer sections sopping up water. I started to use the one in Wildwood. It's no better. I bought a family pack of chix legs today. They expire Aug. 1. Opened them up and the smell would gag a maggot. How are they staying in business?

C

cmdrfunk

Originally posted by Hammer
How are they staying in business?

Because you KEEP ON GOING instead of exercising your capitalistic power?

Hammer

After today, I won't shop there again. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay more and shop at Giant.

CMC122

Go Braves!
After today, I won't shop there again. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay more and shop at Giant.
Shoppers isn't too bad. Give that a try:shrug:

K

Kain99

Shiat! Mckays is the only grocery store that you can bounce checks at and they still keep accepting more! :cheesy:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Is it me? or does anyone else whose been around St. Mary's all their life notice how down hill Mckay's is. When I shop in the park I've bought pizza kits with mold. There are dairy and other products with expired dates. The frozen vegatables are freezer burned. The seafood, eat at your own risk. It's dirty, nasty. I've seen rolls and rolls of paper towels in the freezer sections sopping up water. I started to use the one in Wildwood. It's no better. I bought a family pack of chix legs today. They expire Aug. 1. Opened them up and the smell would gag a maggot. How are they staying in business?

What do you expect from a stubborn family owned business. When grocery stores don't start bringing in the capital they cut employee's hours. This you see has a chain reaction. As the employee's hours are cut less is accomplished in the store. For example, when your stocking the Dairy section for say you must remember that when stocking one box of a product you must take everything you have on the shelf of that product, check all the dates of that very same product, stock the product, and finally put back what you took off the shelf putting the later dates in the back and earlier dates in the front. When the employee's have less time they will just stock the later dated product in front of the earlier dated product and when a select customer comes in they might very well buy an out of date product.

You see with so much freight the employee's certainly have no time to do all that is needed. The grocery store business is one of 'stack em high and watch em fly' and getting the job done as quick as possible. When managers see that the employee's are not getting things done you will be yelled out or worse. So as any employee would do they will take the easy route and get out of trouble for the meanwhile.

I know this all so well working in three stores throughout the county over the years. McKay's is certainly no exception to the rule. Might I suggest going to Shoppers Food Warehouse or Giant. :wink:

BuddyLee

Football addict

Giant is nice but I highly suggest going to Shoppers Food Warehouse. Not because I work there, I just feel it is the best store in the county. They have competitive prices with Food Lion, store is always nicely stocked, very clean, and a massive store compared to Giant.:cheesy:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Originally posted by BuddyLee
Giant is nice but I highly suggest going to Shoppers Food Warehouse. Not because I work there, I just feel it is the best store in the county. They have competitive prices with Food Lion, store is always nicely stocked, very clean, and a massive store compared to Giant.:cheesy:

Buddy, I will send a copy of this to your boss.....:clap:

L

libragirl

it would also help if the stores had more than 1 line open to check out. i hate it when i have a few items and i have to wait in one long line to check out. and the people who go in the express with a cart full of stuff cant you read. i say something and its like oh we didnt know or the cashier wont say sorry this is express. this is always the case at the food lion stores :cussing: :cussing:

C

czygvtwkr

Hmmm I've always found McKays to be the most expensive store between SFW, Giant, and McKays.

I miss Superfresh, I loved those self checkouts they had. Other places I've been have had self checkout machines but none worked as good as those ones Superfresh had.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by czygvtwkr
Hmmm I've always found McKays to be the most expensive store between SFW, Giant, and McKays.

I miss Superfresh, I loved those self checkouts they had. Other places I've been have had self checkout machines but none worked as good as those ones Superfresh had.

The Giant here has them and work great. Especially if you only have a few items

willie

McKays prices are outragous. Way higher than even Giant. SFW rates 2nd to Giant for me because they don't stock Thomas super size English muffins.

C

cmdrfunk

Re: Re: All McKay's Foodland

Originally posted by BuddyLee
What do you expect from a stubborn family owned business. When grocery stores don't start bringing in the capital they cut employee's hours. This you see has a chain reaction. As the employee's hours are cut less is accomplished in the store. For example, when your stocking the Dairy section for say you must remember that when stocking one box of a product you must take everything you have on the shelf of that product, check all the dates of that very same product, stock the product, and finally put back what you took off the shelf putting the later dates in the back and earlier dates in the front. When the employee's have less time they will just stock the later dated product in front of the earlier dated product and when a select customer comes in they might very well buy an out of date product.

You see with so much freight the employee's certainly have no time to do all that is needed. The grocery store business is one of 'stack em high and watch em fly' and getting the job done as quick as possible. When managers see that the employee's are not getting things done you will be yelled out or worse. So as any employee would do they will take the easy route and get out of trouble for the meanwhile.

I know this all so well working in three stores throughout the county over the years. McKay's is certainly no exception to the rule. Might I suggest going to Shoppers Food Warehouse or Giant. :wink:

Listen to Buddy Lee, he's a culinary distribution technician, afterall.

G

geminigrl

Re: Two words:

I'm sorry but I no longer like or shop there, they suck and there employees are rude and you always have to wait in one line for ever to get out. I go now to SFW, nice ppl, clean and always more then one line open.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Two words:

Originally posted by geminigrl
I'm sorry but I no longer like or shop there, they suck and there employees are rude and you always have to wait in one line for ever to get out. I go now to SFW, nice ppl, clean and always more then one line open.

:whistle:

I'm not sure of Food Lion's of far away but damn near everyone in St. Mary's sucks Jupiter's balls. I worked probably in the best Food Lion for a mere two months (Calaway). After figuring out the operations and how they treat employee's I quickly booked it out of there.

H

HollowSoul

Re: Re: Two words:

Originally posted by geminigrl
check your pm'r