Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Please dont take kids to Deadpool.

  1. #1
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18,773

    Please dont take kids to Deadpool.

    Seriously, kids have no place at that movie. This is NOT Captain America or even the darkest of the Batman movies. This is raunchy adult humor and action, not ever intended for kids. In the first five minutes, our "hero" and his soon to be love interest are comparing bad childhoods, complete with references to sexually abusive uncles and clown porn. Followed by a montage of them sexually celebrating a years worth of holidays, including one strap on scene. Great movie, an absolute hoot, bit NOT for the kids.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  2. #2
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    114,638
    Blog Entries
    2
    Do I dare ask what it's rated?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  3. #3
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    74,476
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    do i dare ask what it's rated?
    r...
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  4. #4
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18,773
    R. But still saw a lot of young people brought in by parents.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  5. #5
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    114,638
    Blog Entries
    2
    Okay, good. Very occasionally we'd run into a PG-13 that was, um, not what I would consider appropriate for young teens. I was curious how much they were getting away with these days.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  6. #6
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    74,476
    Seen on Facebook... Name:  deadpool.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  55.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  7. #7
    my war Hank's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    beer
    Posts
    17,691
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Seriously, kids have no place at that movie. This is NOT Captain America or even the darkest of the Batman movies. This is raunchy adult humor and action, not ever intended for kids. In the first five minutes, our "hero" and his soon to be love interest are comparing bad childhoods, complete with references to sexually abusive uncles and clown porn. Followed by a montage of them sexually celebrating a years worth of holidays, including one strap on scene. Great movie, an absolute hoot, bit NOT for the kids.
    You had me at clown porn!

  8. #8
    Amount of F##Ks given, 0 afjess1989's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    Dameron
    Posts
    3,781
    Who brings their kids to an R rated movie BEFORE they saw it themselves first!!!!
    "I dont always vote, but when i do I vote for whoever can handle their shenanigans better. "

  9. #9

    Unhappy Deadpool?

    Quote Originally Posted by afjess1989 View Post
    Who brings their kids to an R rated movie BEFORE they saw it themselves first!!!!
    Question who takes their kids to R rated movies? Well, the way I see it is that parents that do not CARE about how the kids will grow up..! Even Deadpool himself said, kids are not allowed. So to put the onis on the Theaters, they should not allow kids into the R rated movies. But it is about the $$ !! PARENTS: do not take your kids to see Deadpool!! You and I both know that "someone" will see this with their kids, and then blast it all over the media and there will never be another sequel made, because of the "political correctness"!! If you do this you are at best an IDIOT, and I think a bad parent!! Nuff said!!

  10. #10
    Jam out with ur clam out ICit's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In my world
    Posts
    14,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    You had me at clown porn!
    Some people are like Slinkies.... not really good for anything,
    but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |