What the heck???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is it so hard to find instant unsweetened tea around here?? They don't carry it at Giant or Shoppers or Target, but I could always get it at Wal-Mart. Well now Wal-Mart has stopped carrying it.

They have every damn flavor, in diet and regular AND decaf, except unsweetened. What the hell is wrong with this place?? I cannot possibly be the only person in St. Mary's County who drinks unsweetened instant iced tea, so why don't any of the damn stores stock it?? Nestea, Lipton, either one will do. I had to order from Amazon.

Yes! Yes! I had to flipping order instant tea online because none of the godforsaken stores in this area carry it.

:banghead:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I never imagined anyone would want to drink instant unsweetened tea. I guess the stores can't either.

:razz:

Warron

The whole purpose of drinking tea is to have something with caffeine that is not sweet. If I want something sweet, there are way better choices then tea. Sweet tea is nasty.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
You're in the South and can't figure out why you can't find anything but sweet tea?

Hemp milk and tapioca bread? Too many hipsters want the milk. The word hemp excites them. Tapioca bread is from the Caribbean.

pelers

Just go get some of those Lipton Cold Brew bags. Easy peasy, don't have to brew anything and it only takes a few minutes to make a big jug. Use cold-ish water, not ice water.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just go get some of those Lipton Cold Brew bags. Easy peasy, don't have to brew anything and it only takes a few minutes to make a big jug. Use cold-ish water, not ice water.

But instant tea is...instant. Not a few minutes, instant. :frown:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I love you. You know that.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out why you - or anybody - would drink instant tea. I don't know why they even manufacture that crap.

I still love you, though.

Pete

Repete
The FDA banned un-sweet instant tea powder because it contains unusually high concentrations of tastelikeassoxide and benzovomitphosphate which is known to cause retching and gagging in laboratory rats.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

But for the life of me, I can't figure out why you - or anybody - would drink instant tea. I don't know why they even manufacture that crap.

:jet:

:yeahthat:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Because it's instant and no commitment. If I make a jug of brewed tea, now I have to drink that whole jug within a day or so or it starts getting gunky. Now, I will drink a jug's worth of instant tea in a day. Many people, yourself included, have seen me drink an easy half gallon+ of iced tea while having dinner at a restaurant. But when I *have* to drink the tea, it loses its appeal and I don't want it anymore.

Instant tea by the glass suits me. It's a more relaxed relationship, and now the evil corporations have taken it away from me. Bastards.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron

I was going to say this, but I wasn't sure she knows I love her....

You don't have to make a whole jug, pour some boiling water over a tea bag, 3 minutes, remove bag and add ice.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well :shrug:

I'll make effort for coffee but I'm not going to do that for iced tea. Besides, that's not the point. The point is WHY stores don't carry it anymore. That's ridiculous. But Monello found it at the commissary and brought me home two jars. He's so sweet. :love:

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Well :shrug:

I'll make effort for coffee but I'm not going to do that for iced tea. Besides, that's not the point. The point is WHY stores don't carry it anymore. That's ridiculous. But Monello found it at the commissary and brought me home two jars. He's so sweet. :love:

Uh-oh! Un-taxed instant iced tea. LOL But seriously - unsweetened tea? Like bitter, much?

BigBlue

Why is it so hard to find instant unsweetened tea around here?? They don't carry it at Giant or Shoppers or Target, but I could always get it at Wal-Mart. Well now Wal-Mart has stopped carrying it.

They have every damn flavor, in diet and regular AND decaf, except unsweetened. What the hell is wrong with this place?? I cannot possibly be the only person in St. Mary's County who drinks unsweetened instant iced tea, so why don't any of the damn stores stock it?? Nestea, Lipton, either one will do. I had to order from Amazon.

Yes! Yes! I had to flipping order instant tea online because none of the godforsaken stores in this area carry it.

:banghead:

Instant no but Giant does sell unsweetened tea that is already brewed ,look by the juices.