Throwback......Sunday?

TPD

the poor dad
I ran across this old video today and decided to post.

Back in the 80s, we had a terrible drought on the farm. My grandfather was a benefactor of some free hay for his cattle. This hay came from farmers in Massachusetts who were not experiencing a drought, but rather a plentiful hay crop. Somehow the television stations in DC got wind of this and came all the way to Scotland to report. Understand that back in the 80s, we were not so sure that those city TV stations even knew where St. Mary's County was, and especially not Scotland! This was a big deal locally. I recorded that evening's newscasts on VHS tape - my grandfather was on TV! And also remember back then, there was no such thing as cable or digital TV in lower St. Mary's, with no hope of ever having it. Everything was with an antenna, which depending on what the base was testing, could greatly interfere with the signal. This day happened to be a testing day, or maybe just a bad airwaves day, so the video is not hi-def, but I hope you get a little bit out of it.

Years later, my father and I were able to donate hay to farmers in another area of the country who were experiencing drought conditions. It's just what we do in the ag community.

[video=youtube;PIiUSBcfWy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIiUSBcfWy4[/video]

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think you have become the resident historian on this forum! Thanks for posting. When I saw the name Tennyson, I wondered if it was the name of the poet. You have a lot of wonderful history here. Keep up the good work! Your posts are always so enjoyable; video, history, or anything. :smile: If you decide to stop farming, you have a future in the celeb world. :lol:

Last edited: