Flooring help

pizzi7404

So want to rip out the carpets in my house and put in hardwood. Anyone know any really good places that are reasonably priced and do good work?

Freefaller

So want to rip out the carpets in my house and put in hardwood. Anyone know any really good places that are reasonably priced and do good work?

I just bought laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Waldorf. Very good pricing. They also have a huge selection of hardwood flooring at very good prices!

tommyj

I just bought laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Waldorf. Very good pricing. They also have a huge selection of hardwood flooring at very good prices!

southernsalesservices.com
The first Saturday of each month, they auction building materials, Do your homework and you can get some good deals, real good deals, on just about anything to remodel your house. I got Brazilian tigerwood flooring at half price of the going price. check them out.

Tami2red

Try Everything Construction/Craig Adkins. Not sure if he does hardwood, but does excellent work. 240-925-7923

Alternate ~ Niel Fischer 301-535-9364

vince77

You may not be effected but did you check that the laminate you bought from LL is not on the list of those with formaldehyde levels that have elevated cancer rates. That company is in big trouble because of that. Their stock used to be 100+ a share, now it's <12. May not survive.

Goldenhawk

I'm a big fan of Parran's Flooring in L'town. Been working with them for many years now on various projects and they always treat me well. Ask for Eddie.
http://parransflooringcenter.net/

A really good place to shop low-cost flooring, if you want to buy it separately from getting it installed, is Wood Floors Plus up near Baltimore. They stock remnants and seconds, and you can save quite a bit of money if you are willing to go for limited availability. (Just be sure to get enough materials on the first purchase, as turnover is high.) We got real mahogany engineered hardwood (1/16" on top of plywood) for well under $3/sqft.
http://www.woodfloorsplus.com/

We've shopped LL several times and purchased there once (the store near Annapolis). They talk a good talk but we rarely found the prices that much better than other shopping.

In the end, in my opinion it all depends on whether you find the color and style you want.