we will be paying for her expenses for a long time...

GregV814

This pig will be getting free healthcare, a warm bed and meals plus spending cash forever, without bars...BLM....

Mental Illness: Mother Found Not Criminally Responsible for 3-Year-old Son's Death

Spook

When is the march? Is there going to be looting? Burning of local businesses? What time is Reverend Al coming to town?
Sooo many questions...

Last edited:

DannyMotorcycle

This pig will be getting free healthcare, a warm bed and meals plus spending cash forever, without bars...BLM....

Mental Illness: Mother Found Not Criminally Responsible for 3-Year-old Son's Death

What is your solution? Murder the mentally ill? put her behind bars? It's clearly not
cheaper to put her behind bars and pay for correctional officers to watch over her (still paying for room, board, healthcare) when she
could be living in the same home as her mother (who probably will take some of the financial burden)and reserve that space for people who are
violent against other citizens. With sales taxes, I'm confident her, her mother and other ancestors paid taxes into society and if one descendant gets welfare I think that might be okay for a person who's mentally ill.
it's not like she's just a lazy ass welshing off the system.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Her sentencing makes it seem like it ok to kill someone because you're mentally ill. She should be in an institution to help her not at her mother's. I'm skeptical she will be on the straight and narrow just because she's living with Mom.

vince77

Personally I don't want to spend millions of dollars of taxpayers money over her lifetime to keep her institutionalized. Let her stay home with her mom with a leg bracelet.

BernieP

Resident PIA
What is your solution? Murder the mentally ill? put her behind bars?
I'd say if you did a poll, that would be the odds on favorites to come in as the #1 and #2 options by a wide margin.
Of course we have done it to ourselves. We closed down the institutions and made the practice of psychiatry cost prohibitive. A lot of good doctors in MD have left the state or turned in their license because of the high cost to practice in that field.
The solution is to put them in solitary confinement until they go completely crazy and kill themselves. That way the state is off the hook and everybody can feel good about themselves

Roman

I'd say if you did a poll, that would be the odds on favorites to come in as the #1 and #2 options by a wide margin.
Of course we have done it to ourselves. We closed down the institutions and made the practice of psychiatry cost prohibitive. A lot of good doctors in MD have left the state or turned in their license because of the high cost to practice in that field.
The solution is to put them in solitary confinement until they go completely crazy and kill themselves. That way the state is off the hook and everybody can feel good about themselves
But in yet, she is free to roam the streets? It's likely that her Mother will throw her hands up, and say that she can't take the responsibility any more. She needs to be institutionalized !

KevinSully

What is your solution? Murder the mentally ill? put her behind bars? It's clearly not
cheaper to put her behind bars and pay for correctional officers to watch over her (still paying for room, board, healthcare) when she
could be living in the same home as her mother (who probably will take some of the financial burden)and reserve that space for people who are
violent against other citizens. With sales taxes, I'm confident her, her mother and other ancestors paid taxes into society and if one descendant gets welfare I think that might be okay for a person who's mentally ill.
it's not like she's just a lazy ass welshing off the system.

The true solution is to pump more money into mental health and treat the mentally ill and house those who are not amenable to treatment in a safe and secure environment. That is expensive and people don't want to pay for it because so many believe mental illness is a "fake" disease.

bilbur

The true solution is to pump more money into mental health and treat the mentally ill and house those who are not amenable to treatment in a safe and secure environment. That is expensive and people don't want to pay for it because so many believe mental illness is a "fake" disease.

Its not that many believe that mental illness is a fake disease, it is that it would cost billions to do what you are suggesting. These facilities would have to be top notch and would be under major scrutiny after what they closed down in the 80's. We are going to pay for the abandoned mentally ill no matter what. They will either be on the streets on welfare and free medical clinics, or in jail receiving mental and medical treatment, or in a facility that caters to all their needs. I don't know what the solution is but most of us are not willing to kick in more taxes to fund it. Maybe if they identified and cut off all the welfare cheats, all the lifetime welfare recipients, all the people with 8 kids that haven't worked a day in their lives they would have money to treat people who honestly have issues and can't work. Unfortunately, there will always be those piece of craps that will play the system even though they are healthy enough to work.

BernieP

Resident PIA

and because the courts have blocked forced treatment of patients. You take a lack of understanding about a class of disease and combine that with the public and private cost of treatment and this is what you end up with.
Only those with large disposable incomes can really afford quality mental health treatment. Medical insurance in most cases limits treatment or simply denies treatment for a lot of the illnesses within this class.
Taxpayers are not keen on funding treatment and it's also one of those areas of medicine where malpractice insurance can be hard to get.

Maybe this is the case where capital punishment comes in, you have a mental disease, you go to the gas chamber. Hey, it's documented that many of the disorders are genetic, the family usually has a long trail. So wipe out by wiping them out. End the DNA chain now!

softtouch

maybe this is the case where capital punishment comes in, you have a mental disease, you go to the gas chamber. Hey, it's documented that many of the disorders are genetic, the family usually has a long trail. So wipe out by wiping them out. End the dna chain now!
sieg heil !