11.22.63 mini-series on Hulu

Is anyone else watching this?

I saw it advertised, so I signed up for the 30 day trial of Hulu to watch it.

Turns out it's not all available at once like I expected it would be - like how Netflix makes its original content available. So I didn't start watching because I didn't want to have to wait weeks to watch subsequent episodes. :frown:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I saw it advertised, so I signed up for the 30 day trial of Hulu to watch it.

Turns out it's not all available at once like I expected it would be - like how Netflix makes its original content available. So I didn't start watching because I didn't want to have to wait weeks to watch subsequent episodes. :frown:

Oh right, I'd just figured they were releasing an episode every couple weeks to be suspenseful. :oldman:

I'm hooked regardless and can't wait for episode three now.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Is anyone else watching this?

Why?

Lee Harvey Oswald shot the President and acted alone. The government covered it up because they knew who he was and didn't act because, frankly, there was little reason to. It was decided that the government, no matter what, could NOT be seen as having failed to act even if the guy was a no name nothing kook who sincerely seemed to present very little threat. We even went so far as to forbid CIA and FBI from sharing information so that it would be easier to cover asses in the next event.

And then... 9/11

Oh right, I'd just figured they were releasing an episode every couple weeks to be suspenseful. :oldman:

I'm hooked regardless and can't wait for episode three now.

Yeah, that's the old model for releasing series content.

I like the new model, the Netflix model. And I've gotten used to that model such that I don't like to watch a series at a rate of one show per week anymore. I do my best to avoid having to. When I start watching a season of a series, I want to be able to tie it up and be done with it in a reasonably short period of time. I have enough loose threads that need tending in my mind at any given time (e.g. I have, like, 1,043 threads here in the SOMD forums that my mind wants me to get back to). I don't want TV shows to add to the count. And fortunately, I can avoid them doing so to a large extent. I'm DVRing The Walking Dead, for instance. When the season is over, or almost over, I'll watch it.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Why?

Lee Harvey Oswald shot the President and acted alone. The government covered it up because they knew who he was and didn't act because, frankly, there was little reason to. It was decided that the government, no matter what, could NOT be seen as having failed to act even if the guy was a no name nothing kook who sincerely seemed to present very little threat. We even went so far as to forbid CIA and FBI from sharing information so that it would be easier to cover asses in the next event.

And then... 9/11

:twitch:

It's based on a Stephen King book.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Yeah, that's the old model for releasing series content.

I like the new model, the Netflix model. And I've gotten used to that model such that I don't like to watch a series at a rate of one show per week anymore. I do my best to avoid having to. When I start watching a season of a series, I want to be able to tie it up and be done with it in a reasonably short period of time. I have enough loose threads that need tending in my mind at any given time (e.g. I have, like, 1,043 threads here in the SOMD forums that my mind wants me to get back to). I don't want TV shows to add to the count. And fortunately, I can avoid them doing so to a large extent. I'm DVRing The Walking Dead, for instance. When the season is over, or almost over, I'll watch it.

I believe, that on Hulu...with any of the "Hulu Original Series", yes they release episodes week by week, but all those episodes stay there collectively once shown without expiring after 2-3 weeks... like a typical show off NBC, until they decide to remove the whole show I guess. I noticed that with a couple shows they have that are Hulu originals. So you could wait until they've released all the episodes and binge watch then?

But I agree. Since I cut the cord, I appreciate still being able to watch a few current shows from cable, but I have to remind myself to check Hulu every now and then and make sure my episodes aren't expiring. I like to let 2-3 episodes pile up unwatched so I can "semi-binge watch" :lol: I much prefer the Netflix method :yay:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm enjoying the show. It's addicting. Stephen King is a sick mentally twisted man and I can't wait for the next episode.

I believe, that on Hulu...with any of the "Hulu Original Series", yes they release episodes week by week, but all those episodes stay there collectively once shown without expiring after 2-3 weeks... like a typical show off NBC, until they decide to remove the whole show I guess. I noticed that with a couple shows they have that are Hulu originals. So you could wait until they've released all the episodes and binge watch then?

But I agree. Since I cut the cord, I appreciate still being able to watch a few current shows from cable, but I have to remind myself to check Hulu every now and then and make sure my episodes aren't expiring. I like to let 2-3 episodes pile up unwatched so I can "semi-binge watch" :lol: I much prefer the Netflix method :yay:

I may do that. I'm not sure if I'll keep the Hulu subscription after the free trial is over though. I haven't used it much so far.

I know what you're talking about with the apps / channels that only make shows available for a couple of weeks. I was hoping to be able to watch the latest season of Downton Abbey through the PBS app. But I waited until several episodes were available to start, and when I tried to watch the first episode it was no longer available. It appears that only the last two episodes are available, I didn't realize they did it that way.