Bums

Forkian

Saw a guy holding a sign, asking for money that said he had 5 kids. If he has 5 kids wouldn't he automatically get welfare money and food stamps?? Not sure how that all works.
Wanted to help, but was thinking he might not be truthful about his 5 kids.

If you waited long enough, you'd see him get into his new car and drive away. Many of these 'beggars' make a good living on the sympathy of others.

officeguy

The other day I am sitting in a starbucks. In comes a homeless guy with his cardboard sign and a piece of cardboard to sit on. He also had a zip-loc bag with some socks, dry food, toothpaste etc., the type that kids in sunday-school put together. He left his stuff at one of the tables, went to the counter and got himself a latte. When he returned to the table, he picked up his cardboard sign and jacket but left behind the little care package some kid was made to put together to 'help the homeless'. I guess it didn't contain a starbucks card.

mitzi

Saw a guy holding a sign, asking for money that said he had 5 kids. If he has 5 kids wouldn't he automatically get welfare money and food stamps?? Not sure how that all works.
Wanted to help, but was thinking he might not be truthful about his 5 kids.

He should be able to stock his cupboards very well with food stamps for 5 kids and 1 or 2 adults.

SoMdDude

There is a guy now hanging out at the 7-11 and Giant in Accokeek, and when returning home the other night late
while gassing up the car at 7-11, he walked up to me asking for $, told him I had none then he walks over to a car
sitting off to the side, gets in and drives away with who ever was driving. Very strange no? Probably just a scammer
putting on a homeless face.

littlelady

God bless the USA
There is a guy now hanging out at the 7-11 and Giant in Accokeek, and when returning home the other night late
while gassing up the car at 7-11, he walked up to me asking for $, told him I had none then he walks over to a car
sitting off to the side, gets in and drives away with who ever was driving. Very strange no? Probably just a scammer

Hey, Dude! Always good to see you post. That happened to me, also, in Prince Frederick last year. I take care of my family and volunteer when I can, and keep to myself, but my encounter with that ne're-do- well was unsettling.

Last edited:

Popster

He should be able to stock his cupboards very well with food stamps for 5 kids and 1 or 2 adults.

Capture.JPG

terbear1225

Its a shame that those who really need help are so often doubted because of those who are only working the system.

GregV814

I, for one have not been brainwashed into this fascination with political correctness. You say bum, I say terminally wasted self indulgent left leaning Democrat Bernie/Hilllary supporter that needs a square kick in the azz lazy, good for nothing human fecal smear. And its a good thing I am in a good mood today.... Thank You.

Popster

I, for one have not been brainwashed into this fascination with political correctness. You say bum, I say terminally wasted self indulgent left leaning Democrat Bernie/Hilllary supporter that needs a square kick in the azz lazy, good for nothing human fecal smear. And its a good thing I am in a good mood today.... Thank You.

Wow, would you mind giving us some powerball numbers so we can hit it big

officeguy

At the different gas stations along 210, there is a scammer who introduces himself as 'reverend somthingtheother'. He is always out of fuel and needs $10 to get back to his church. He is more on the scammer end of the bum---scammer spectrum. When I tell him 'I didn't buy your story two weeks ago, I am not buying it today', he just glares at me and wanders back to his late 90s Accord.

SoMdDude

At the different gas stations along 210, there is a scammer who introduces himself as 'reverend somthingtheother'. He is always out of fuel and needs $10 to get back to his church. He is more on the scammer end of the bum---scammer spectrum. When I tell him 'I didn't buy your story two weeks ago, I am not buying it today', he just glares at me and wanders back to his late 90s Accord.

Does he carry a red gas can and wear glasses? I've already cussed him out for being a fake, saw him today actually at the food lion, guess he never got back to his church

littlelady

God bless the USA
Does he carry a red gas can and wear glasses? I've already cussed him out for being a fake, saw him today actually at the food lion, guess he never got back to his church

I wish I had the nerve to do that. Now, I just act like I don't hear them. I, actually, helped someone with gas a few years ago, and I will kick my own butt for that. :buttkick: The guy in PF is the epitome of bum. I almost hit him one day going to the grocery store because he was walking in the road.

I just remembered another encounter. I was in PF Giant one day about 2 years ago, and a guy approached me and said he was dying of AIDS and had no one, and he was starving. I bought him some groceries. Another butt kick to me, but I like to help. I am sure I was conned. Oh, well.

One more thing. The guy I bought groceries for was black. That right there confirms I am not a racist, contrary to a few that believe that on this forum. :lol:

Last edited:

calvcopf

Guy at a PF gas station told me he needed gas money to get his grandma to the doctor. I could see an old lady in his passenger seat. I handed him five bucks. He forgot to buy gas with the money I just gave him and jumped back in his car and drove away.
Never again...