Trying to remember the name of a local country music singer from the 80s or 90s

There was a country music singer from around this area - I think it was St. Mary's County (7th District seems right) but it might have been Charles County. My recollections are pretty vague (and some of them might be mistaken), but I think that he had moved to Nashville to work for some time before coming back to this area. And I think he may have had a couple of songs that made it onto the Billboard Country charts - not real big hits though. My best recollection is that he was active during the 90s, maybe also the 80s and into the 00s.

Anyway, I think if I heard his name I'd recognize it immediately. Can anyone think of someone that fits that (rather vague) description?

I have him pictured in my mind....Jim...

That was the first name my mind pulled up. But I didn't find anything (that fit) googling that name and I didn't find any songs charted with Billboard under that name (I have a book that lists every artist and song that had charted through '96). So I was thinking that wasn't the right name. Maybe it is and I've just got some of the details wrong in my head.

Can anyone remember the name of any songs he did?

And any other possible names might still help, I'm not convinced yet that Jim Purdy is the person I'm thinking of.

I just found something googling Jim Purdy. That's the person I'm thinking of, there was a picture.

Thanks all.

Great, now what are we supposed to do? :frown:

You can make some suggestions for music artists I might enjoy and whom I don't already have stuff from?

That's how Mr. Purdy came to my mind to begin with. I was thinking of stuff I might want to listen to through a music subscription service, and from whom I didn't already have music in my library. He came to mind, by vague recollection rather than by name. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have anything available through Apple Music (or the iTunes store).

Sammy Kershaw & Mark Chesnutt :shrug:

Got 'em.

I'd say that I've got most artists that are that mainstream (and known). I did discover these guys a couple weeks ago watching an episode of Austin City Limits...

[video=youtube;1iAYhQsQhSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY[/video]

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Got 'em.

I'd say that I've got most artists that are that mainstream (and known). I did discover these guys a couple weeks ago watching an episode of Austin City Limits...

[video=youtube;1iAYhQsQhSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY[/video]

EXCELLENT thanks for this, Love the name of both the song and group name ;-))) have to go search some other songs of theirs....

They are on Pandora too !!!!!!!