LP Volunteer Rescue Squad accident?

TPD

the poor dad
I noticed a badly damaged LPVRS vehicle at PJs Auto Body yesterday. Any news on how/what/when/where this happened or has it been swept under the squad building? My googler box is broke. :ohwell:

Danzig

If it is the one I am thinking of, it was in an accident on 2/17/16.
The accident occurred at the intersection of Route 235 and Pegg Road, the LPRS vehicle was on 235 traveling south when it collided with a minivan in the intersection.
Police ticketed the LPVRS vehicle at first for running the red light, but the in dash camera video from the LPVRS vehicle showed that the LPVRS vehicle had a green light for five to six seconds and continued to have a green light at the time of the collision, the LPVRS vehicle was running with lights and sirens at the time.
The dash cam video was not immediately available at the accident scene because the media is locked with a key so it can not be tampered with.
After review of the video I am assuming the other driver will be or was ticketed and the driver of the LPVRS vehicle will be exonerated.
I am waiting for a Lawyer for the LPVRS to allow the video to be released so I can post it online.

glhs837

Power with Control
So the light had been green for 5-6 seconds and the minivan was still in the intersection, or it ran the light that late? Not many folks run them that late.

CrashTest

So the light had been green for 5-6 seconds and the minivan was still in the intersection, or it ran the light that late? Not many folks run them that late.

Yea. Sometime folks hear a siren and stop dead in their tracks, even if it's in the middle of an intersection.