Where did you fly to on your FIRST plane trip?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Lubbock, TX. Had a stop somewhere in TN. The feeling I had on take off was fantastic, like an amusement park ride.

I later became aircrew and now have 1,000s of hours of flight time. Mostly in P-3s, low & slow. Touch & goes were a lot of fun. Around a dozen or so landings followed by quick take offs. I got to take a few rides on the Navy's Gulfstream G IVs. Now that is a plush ride.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Memory trigger! Cochabamba, Bolivia. My daddy worked for Standard Oil (later to become Amoco) and they sent him there for 2 years. I was 4 and first of 5 bros was 1. I, actually, remember it. It was a front propeller plane. I, obviously, already spoke English. But, my bro learned Spanish first because of the maids in our house. My parents got their fresh meat from an old woman that used to come to the door with a freshly butchered whatever on her back in a blanket. :jet:

Just to add that my first plane ride was in 1959.

Last edited:

Goldenhawk

> Where did you fly to on your FIRST plane trip?

To my house! My dad took us for a small plane flight over our neighborhood so I could see our house from the air.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
At a carnival. It was a small prop plane, maybe five feet long, rusty red, and went round and round in circles. We landed close to the exit if I recall correctly.

^^Something like that. Flew maybe 6 sorties total. That last time was a parrot at WDW in Orlando in '93. :ohwell:

musiclady

Houston, TX. I flew with my sister to visit my grandparents. I still have pictures of the clouds below the plane. Got lost in Houston airport trying to get to our next plane. Eventually got to McAllen, TX.

Agee

1967, 2nd grade, Piper Cub with my father, never forget it!
Flew to the Azores as a baby. First commercial flight, Norfolk to Atlanta, United Airlines, Turbo-Prop. Stewardess in fancy suits and had my first macadamia nuts.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I was a few months old flying from Nonortalik, Greenland back to the U.S.in 1966. Do I win? :howdy:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We flew to Italy after my father received Navy orders. That was 49 years ago on Feb. 27. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Does Europe count in my Mommy's belly? If not, I think my first flight was when I was 5 to either Los Angeles or Mississippi. I've lost track how many times I have flown places.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
First flight - from Rota to the US in 1973/1974. First one I somewhat remember - Either LAX or SFO areas to Guam in 1976/1977 (remember a day or two layover in Hawaii). First one I absolutely remember - LAX > ATL > Newark by road to McGuire > Azores (first flight on a military airplane, unless Rota to US was) in 1983.

Agee

He owned a hole in the wall bar that was pretty popular with the military. There were also rumors that he was a terrorist when being a terrorist wasn't cool (guess it never really was). Something about bombs, fires something like that when Portugal wanted to annex the Azores. Anyway, he had a fishnet suspended in his bar filled with ball caps, undies, bras, etc AND he was a bit of a magician (or I had too much wine and he wasn't a magician never was sure) HOWEVER, he did get me to lay a real egg much to the delight of my shipmates. Now is that magic or what?. I also saw a bull walking down the street that night on the way home. You decide - they had a great local wine over there and I'm not much of a drinker. Could go either way.

Sounds like you were the person to hang with, if only I was walking when I was there!

Have no doubt, my father found his way into that place, if he were still alive, I'd ask him.

GopherM

Darwin was right
My first flight was in a single engine Cessna in 1966 from Jacksonville to Savannah. I eventually ended up on aircrew in the Navy and spent 9 years flying.