T-mobile

tuffenuff2

We have had AT&T for years but we are paying a huge amount of money and would like to reduce our bill. We have been in touch with T- mobile and they seem a lot cheaper. I did a quick search on old posts and saw that coverage can be spotty but the post was from years ago. Is it better now? Any thoughts?

PeoplesElbow

Yes and we have called T-mobile but we want to make sure there is coverage.

I meant at&t's website, for reducing your bill.

In a word about T-Mobile coverage no, but you can do that phone over wifi with T-mobile which is pretty neat. The ole lady has a T-Mobile phone and it only has data right along the 235 corridor, anywhere else it only piggybacks of AT&T's Edge (2G) network.

You didn't exactly say where you were so its hard to give too much information, I am talking in the area between Lexington Park and Hollywood.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
T-Mobile recently expanded 4G to all of SOMD (but only newer devices can use the new 4G band), so experiences 3 months ago or earlier may not be indicative of current conditions. But if you currently have AT&T and are happy with coverage, Consumer Cellular or StraightTalk could be considered. Both can use AT&T's network and are considerably lower in monthly cost.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

T-Mobile recently expanded 4G to all of SOMD (but only newer devices can use the new 4G band), so experiences 3 months ago or earlier may not be indicative of current conditions. But if you currently have AT&T and are happy with coverage, Consumer Cellular or StraightTalk could be considered. Both can use AT&T's network and are considerably lower in monthly cost.

Ole lady still has her T-Mobile phone, she is only happy with it still because of the wifi calling.

You can use any phone wit an AT&T Go Phone 2GB of data a month for $40 with automatic refill. That is what I have been doing for a while.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html