Attack from Space

:lol: Watching an old Japanese sci-fi film where Starman has to save the Earth from the Superions. I get such a kick out of the nonsense words and phrases they use completely out of context. My favorite is Mach, everytime they they'd increase the speed of the spaceship, they'd shout out, "Increasing to mach 100!!!!" or something.

By definition, Mach is a number indicating the ratio of the speed of an object to the speed of sound in the medium through which the object is moving. Since space is a vacuum and there is no sound, there is no Mach, correct?

Anyway... just like watching these old movies.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
By definition, Mach is a number indicating the ratio of the speed of an object to the speed of sound in the medium through which the object is moving. Since space is a vacuum and there is no sound, there is no Mach, correct?

"Engineer's Disease". I have it bad, too. The SO hates when I find technical faults with anything in a movie she's watching. I can't hep it...:whistle:

That's why I like cartoons. There's no expectation of following the laws of physics.

That aside, I still get a kick out of the spaceship bouncing on a wire, the fight scenes where people get shot dead and in the next frame they are back fighting, the trips between Mars and Venus like it's a ride to the local store. No continuity at all. :lol: